Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 02:17 pm
Triple bypass + free t-shirt = America
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 04:59 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Triple bypass + free t-shirt = America
We are a nation that believes not in moderation.

We find ways to make it EXTREME, or Supre Sized,VENTI, Belly busting.

I remember when there were "major food groups" which we should only eat in portions controlled by common sense.

JUST CUZ WE CAN GROW GIANT HEREFORDS, doesnt mean we gotta polish em all off in one sitting.

Our evolution had originally favored a feeding pattern that was hunter gatherer oriented. In this pattern, our ancestors would gorge themselves on meat at a meal of cooked mammoth trotters . Then theyd maybe go without food for
long periods of time. The excess would be stored in adipocytes as fat globs until needed. SUGARS WOULD ALSO BE STORED in adipocytes as well as being converted to glycogen. We had the ability to live for a month without eating and the stored fats glycogen and proteins would be broken down into simpler substances that each cell had the ability to "burn" as fuel. These fuels, which provide heat and mechanical energy called ATP are used as a power source for enzyme reations in the muscles and organs.
That was then, this is now. We still store the fats and glycogen, evolution has , apparently not expressed itself in a total redesign of the bodys combustion system. So, instead of the rangy little hunter gatherers that could eat half a cow and save it through leans times, we are piling up the adipocytes and , the sugars are no longer being allowed into the cell walls because the sugar carrier, insulin is no longer available to carry sugars into the cells and the cells die even though they are awash in a sea of food. Now, this condition, called (type 2 ) diabetes is a direct result of the fattening of the people. We have developed an immuno response so that the bodys own sensitivity to insulin breaks down.
'Now, type 2 can most often be controlled by weight loss and exercise and by NOT EATING THAT PHUCKIN GIANT PIECE OF GROUND UP COW ON A BUN.

We are truly nuts
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 05:55 pm
When I was a boy, Cokes were 6 or 6 1/2 ounces. Then they became ten, twelve, sixteen, now all manner of supersizes. A girl I know drinks about a twelve pack a day.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 06:39 pm
That's about as unhealthy as smoking a pack a day. And smoking is cooler.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 06:59 pm
Gargamel wrote:
That's about as unhealthy as smoking a pack a day. And smoking is cooler.

You're right, of course. There's nothing more cool than this:

http://www.cedarhealth.co.uk/products/nicobrevin/images/pictures/woman_smoking.jpg
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 08:21 pm
Thanks for illustrating my point!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
Here's another:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/Humphrey_Bogart_by_Karsh_%
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 08:31 pm
Damnit! Well, imagine Humphrey Bogart.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 09:52 pm
I certainly am. Good chap. Died of cancer though.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 10:11 pm
He did an interviw I saw when I was a kid. His voice long ravaged by cancer , scared the **** out of me. He sounded like that kidd in the exhorcist.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 11:02 pm
Hey, no one ever said smoking was HEALTHY.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 07:50 am
Denny's was on tv last night. They have a 10lb burger they sell for $25 and if you finish it, it's on the house.
The hamburger patty is 6lbs and the other 4lbs is the bread and veggies.
So far, no one has been able to put that one away.
They had this contest with a long table loaded with people taking on the challenge and it was funny to see their faces as they were at the "I can't eat anymore" stage. Heehee!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 10:07 am
10 pounds?!!!!!! Shocked Shocked

Who would eat such a thing?

<burp>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 10:59 am
Ten pounds would do my wife and I for months.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 11:19 am
Hey, are you home off work today? :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:52 pm
10 lbs of burger is about all I will buy for the year.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 07:05 pm
reyn
I have been off all week. Vacation. Stayed home and rested.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:33 pm
Montana wrote:
10 lbs of burger is about all I will buy for the year.

Ya serious? What are ya vegetarian or sumptin'?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:34 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
reyn
I have been off all week. Vacation. Stayed home and rested.

Hey, good for you! I was starting to think that you were doing your job with a laptop in your back pocket.

Back on Monday?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:37 pm
I am not sure if there will be anybody there, being the day after Easter. It's one of our official holidays, but some years they stagger days off so we can stay open.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:21:51