Help Please

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 10:04 am
What one same four-letter word can precede- graft - deep - game - tight and head to make five terms used in widely different contexts?

ALSO! What one same four-letter word can precede - head - board - hook and fold to make four new words used in widely different contexts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 975 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Rod3

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 10:39 am
Welcome upandrunning.

I think the first one's SKIN although the dictionary gives skin game as 2 words.

The second one I think is BILL.
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 11:36 am
Many thanks Rod3, I think I will go with your answers. What about this one? same five-letter word is a Chinese name applied to a Buddhist saint who has achieved spiritual perfection; and is the stage surname of a young American actress who has featured prominently in several cinema comedy films over the past few years?
Any help is appreciated - I have a quiz to finish by the end of March but, unfortunately, I will be out of the country tomorrow until May, so must try and get it finished by tonight!!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 06:46 pm
If it is "unfortunate" that you will be out of the country until May why don't you stay at home and thus become not unfortunate which I gather is better than being unfortunate.
0 Replies