The worms go in, the worms come out...

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:02 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Lash wrote:

No problem with the CFIDS. It's old news. My doctor's "remedy" sounds almost as stupid as the electrified water....

That's what I was thinkin' too...Sure, the wormy thing sounds goofy, but when the best you get from your doctor is being advised to stand in a swimming pool, it doesn't make regular medicine look so smart either... Rolling Eyes

Ditto that!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:04 pm
No, we didn't move. We have thought about it, but it's stil up in the air. If we do decide to move, it'll be a few years yet.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:10 pm
I guess Noddy may say you held your dominion.

Glad you didn't have to go. You sounded like you loved the place.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:22 pm
Yeah, it's such a nice spot that we are giving ourselves enough time to decide if this is what we want.
In the mean time, I'm
planing a lot of home improvements, so when/if tte time comes, the house will be all set to sell at a good price.
I did have a long talk with mom about the neighbors (her cousin and his wife) and she finally agreed that we have to nip this situation in the bud, so that means I can nicely tell them to back off if it continues.
That alone is a step in the right direction.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:24 pm
I'm glad you asserted yourself in that situation. They sound WAY out of hand!

Still working? Hows your son?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:41 pm
The lobster shop shut down for the season in Dec and I've been home collecting unemployement since.
I'm not planning on going back, if I can help it. My son found a job close to home that would be ideal for me too, so I'm going to try to get in there first.
It's just a factory job, but it pays more, has the night shift (oh yeah!!!), great benefits, short drive from home and it's a 4 night work week, 10 hours a night, so that means 3 day weekends (right on), etc...
My son is doing great :-D He loves his job and has his own car, has money in his pockets, isn't out drinking or doing drugs, is happy, so I can't think of anything more a mom could ask :-D

How are you and everyone on your end doing?

I wasn't around for a long while, so I know I must have missed a lot in what's going on with everyone.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:46 pm
We're fine, thanks. Glad to hear of good prospects and the good lad.

Smile

Nice to have you back.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 11:57 pm
Great to hear that all is well and it's really nice to be back, thanks :-D
I never really left as I was just busy, but I miss you guys all the time.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 10:01 am
Why defend something you don't want to defend, though, Lash? Why not just say, Yyeah, isn't this totally goofy?! Anyway, anyone hear of it?" You did say variations of that, but then you also said, "I was thinking about getting it done, because my lymphs hurt like hell all the time," and "I wonder if this may relieve me..."

Anyway, if you want to get to the bottom of this, here's what I suggest. Go ahead and do it -- armed with a camera. The first thing that will do is get instructive reactions out of the beauticians. Do they come up with some weird reason why you "can't" have a camera there? That the electrical field will ruin the camera, or something? If they won't do it with a camera around, that's pretty conclusive right there. (And you've learned something without having to actually pay the $40.)

If they WILL, then snap away. Make sure you get a picture of the worm mid-emergence --- that is, not just a picture of the worm once it's come out, or the beautician mid-pull, one hand on your heel and the other pulling the thing out -- just skin, worm, nothing else. (Ew.)

By the way, if you have any kind of proof of scamminess, is it too awkward to use in the current social situation? Do you think your coworkers would appreciate being informed, or be annoyed at having been shown to have been scammed?

Meanwhile, sorry to hear about the CFIDS.. And sorry that your own doc is so quackish about treatment. Maybe a new one...?

Anyway, take care.

(P.S., if formatting is weird here, my apologies -- Airport isn't working today for some reason and I'm on dial-up and the cursor isn't lining up where it is supposed to and everything's out of whack... grrr...)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:18 pm
Montana wrote:
I don't believe it for a second, but I got a good laugh Laughing

This, and Montana's next comment made me feel like my veracity in relating the event was being questioned, when the most I expected was for people to question the claims of the machine operators. In retrospect, I think I translated her intent incorrectly.

You'll note I doubted it myself in my first few posts--but I didn't want anyone to think I was lying, so my post "Wait a minute!" was to let people know --no matter what they thought of the claims of the "treatment", April had indeed paid $40. to stick her feet in electrified water. She also regaled us with stories of friends, who reported post-deworming energy--but I still think it's foolhardy and questionable.

The only thing I know for sure is:

Lymphs do collect impurities.

People get their lymphs massaged to improve cloggy lymph systems and ailments like CFIDS.

People are sticking their feet in electrified water in salons.

I don't know anything beyond that.

I may do an investigative report. :wink: I'm sure my friends would appreciate knowing if it's a scam, and even if they didn't--I'd tell them the truth. The ones who wouldn't want to know would probably do something similar to what happened here. It's funny how people act so similarly when they are told something they hadn't previously known or heard of.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:22 pm
well Lash, if you have 2 long-neck Buds, sit in a darkend room and stick your finger tips in the corner of your eyes you can watch cartoons by the hour, commercial free. I'm pretty sure this will help with your Lymphs (maybe not)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:27 pm
Cartoons have not yet helped my lymphs, except sometimes Tom and Jerry, but they have to be fishing.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:35 pm
I'm gonna try and rig up a cheaper mexican version of the perisite zapper with some jumper cables, duct tape, 9 volt batteries, etc,etc.

The little old mexican ladies in East L.A. will make a line around the block for this one.

Easy street here I come. Amigos boat just sailed in. Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 01:37 pm
I've made him a millionaire.

Happy worming!!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:04 pm
Pogues - lyrics:

The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out
The ones that crawl in are lean and thin
The ones that crawl out are fat and stout
Your eyes fall in and your teeth fall out
Your brains come tumbling down your snout

Be merry my friends
Be merry…
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 08:36 pm
Worms out of your feeeet!!!!!

I'm scared now...and I walk barefoot at home (like many Indians do )...i surely hope this is one big hoax. But it sure is a scary thought, Lash. Eeks.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:28:24