The worms go in, the worms come out...

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:04 pm
Couldn't make the links work...

The quackwatch page talks about the "zapper" and its uselessness. (I'm wondering what the brown and frothy stuff really IS... ew...)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:04 pm
April said they came out of her feet. She said they had to pull the worm out of her friend's foot.

<screams, falls down.......gets up>

When she first told us (the office), we all had the same response you guys are having.

PS--Ewwww.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:05 pm
Sounds like the beautician is performing a medical procedure
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:06 pm
Lash wrote:
April said they came out of her feet. She said they had to pull the worm out of her friend's foot.

<screams, falls down.......gets up>

When she first told us (the office), we all had the same response you guys are having.

PS--Ewwww.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:08 pm

Sorry about the link. Can't make it work, but this is another write up.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:09 pm
Lash
You don't actually believe it, do you?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:10 pm
sozobe wrote:
Meanwhile, if your lymph nodes hurt, go to a doctor. (Not the beautician variety, either. ;-)) Could indicate infection of some kind... at any rate, worth checking out.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003097.htm

I have CFIDS. They've been like this for a decade. My doc told me to stand in my sister's pool for 20 minutes a day and the pressure would "massage" the lymph fluid out. Needless to say, that is imfreakingpossible.

I wonder if this may relieve me...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

I was sitting on the toilet one time and something just didn't feel right. Usually I go about my business rather quickly, a few quick wipes, and I'm on my way.

But this time when I tried to wipe I could feel something cold and clammy back there. I glanced between my legs and was horrified to see a gigantic earthworm half in me and half in the toilet water. I let out a scream, reached behind myself and pulled the bastard all the way out.

I tried to flush the toilet but the thing just swirled around. Reaching in the bowl I grabbed the thing and raced outside ((I didn't even have time to wipe) and threw it on the lawn.

I think I still have a picture around here. Ah! Here it is.....

http://threewebe.typepad.com/photos/ecuador/dsc_0140.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

And did the beautician pull a coin out of your coworker's ear when she was done?

That ("pulling" something out) is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

How many of you are thinking about plonking down $40 now, huh?

(Go see the doc, btw...)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:14 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I was sitting on the toilet one time and something just didn't feel right. Usually I go about my business rather quickly, a few quick wipes, and I'm on my way.

But this time when I tried to wipe I could feel something cold and clammy back there. I glanced between my legs and was horrified to see a gigantic earthworm half in me and half in the toilet water. I let out a scream, reached behind myself and pulled the bastard all the way out.

I tried to flush the toilet but the thing just swirled around. Reaching in the bowl I grabbed the thing and raced outside ((I didn't even have time to wipe) and threw it on the lawn.

I think I still have a picture around here. Ah! Here it is.....

http://threewebe.typepad.com/photos/ecuador/dsc_0140.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah Lash, go see the doc ;-)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:21 pm
This is odd.

Somehow, because I asked if you'd heard of this--you have somehow made it seem as though I am advocating it.

And, I said I HAVE been to the doctor.

It is being done, no matter what you or I think about it. I just wondered if anyone else had heard of it. Guess that would be a no.

And, for the past DECADE, my doctor has been unable to do anything about it.

OK. We're up to speed. I'm really sort of surprised no one has heard about it, fraud or not.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:22 pm
This is fascinating, and I'd like to hear more, but a "PhD beautician"? That's another new one.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:25 pm
Did I forget my <tongue in cheek emoticon?>

Just remember 85% of everything I say is satirical.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:28 pm
What is the other 15%?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:30 pm
Lash
Sorry about that. I got carried away and you have to admit that you seemed to believe it for a while there ;-)

Anyway, no I never heard of it, but it's early in the thread yet and someone just may come along who has.

Maybe I'll get curious enough to do some research.

I am very sorry you're having these heath problems and I'm truly sorry for making light of it.

You know I love ya, man :-D
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:31 pm
one thing is sure : i would not want to stand in water while an electrical charge is applied to my body (no wonder this procedure is not approved !).

i do know that you can coax earthworms to come out by applying an electrical charge to the soil - it works best after a bit of rain . you want to be sure that you are using a low current and wear heavy-duty rubberboots . i remember that when we rented a cottage , the fishermen renting the cottage next door would use this technique to get worms before going fishing . one day the farmer's wife - from whom we rented the cottage - got into the act and started to go after the worms . she only wore sneakers and got a little close to the probe ... zowie !!! she turened into a dancing bear in a hurry - to the amusement of her farmer husband , who was bend over double , he was laughing so hard (no supper for him that night). hbg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:44 pm
Yeah, Montana, that was an interesting unintentional experiment. I just asked a question, and when people started acting as though what I was saying wasn't true--(like I wasn't being honest about what I'd been told), I found myself in a odd position of defending something I didn't even want to defend. Suddenly, I was selling Aunt Floozy's Medicine Oil. Weird, that.

We all looked at April like she was crazy, too, and I couldn't believe anyone would stick her feet in electrified water. But, after hearing about other people doing it, I just wanted to see if anyone here had heard anything.

No problem with the CFIDS. It's old news. My doctor's "remedy" sounds almost as stupid as the electrified water....

Funny story, hbg! Laughing
Conversation did turn out weird, though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:46 pm
Just leave it to me to make any conversation weird, lol.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:48 pm
Lash wrote:

No problem with the CFIDS. It's old news. My doctor's "remedy" sounds almost as stupid as the electrified water....

That's what I was thinkin' too...Sure, the wormy thing sounds goofy, but when the best you get from your doctor is being advised to stand in a swimming pool, it doesn't make regular medicine look so smart either... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:50 pm
Montana--

Did you move? Seems like I saw a thread about your family pulling up stakes because of difficult neighbors..? How'd that go?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:59:50