The worms go in, the worms come out...

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:33 pm
So, Friday, my supervisor (April, not Janet) comes back from lunch and said she did the following at the salon:

She took off all her jewelry...everything metal. She, then, took off her shoes and stuck her feet in a tub of water. An electrical charge was introduced into the water...with the feet.

The water she was soaking her feet in turned foamy and brownish and tiny worms came out of her feet.

Her friend, a co-soaker, had a very long worm ooze out of her sole.

They said this process electrically stimulates the lymph system and removes impurities that collect in lymph.

They also said, upon questioning, that this gizmo isn't approved by the FDA.

Has anyone heard of this?

I am ill about innard worms. Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,445 • Replies: 55
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:37 pm
Re: The worms go in, the worms come out...
Lash wrote:
......tiny worms came out of her feet. .....

What the heck kind of worms would come out of your feet? Did she walk around barefeet?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:40 pm
no
Shocked
way

was it a living worm?
Or... like a pimple.. worm?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:42 pm
This sounds totally quacky to me, but I don't actually know one way or the other... I'd suspect that it's something harmless (skin, I dunno) that is then spun into the whole lymph story.

How much did it cost? The more it cost, the more suspicious I get...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:46 pm
It was only $40.!!

It was a parasite, said the PhD beautician....

They were saying you could tell what type of internal problem areas a person had, ....due to the...(retch) color of the water after soaking!

(I nearly threw up when they were talking about this.)

I thought someone would have heard of it. I wish I had asked her the name of it.

I may try to google, though I don't know what to google....

I'll ask Ape Monday and report back.

That does seem VERY dangerous to be doing at a salon.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:47 pm
I don't believe it for a second, but I got a good laugh Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:47 pm
This sounds like a variety of scam I've read about in one of James Randi's books -- I'll look around.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:48 pm
Wait!! It really happened!

<I was thinking about getting it done, because my lymphs hurt like hell all the time. I don't want to think about what's going on in there!!!! OH GOOOODDDDD!!!!!>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:50 pm
Lash
I think someone is pulling your leg.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:54 pm
Oh, I mean a scam perpetrated by a "faith healer" type. Like, it really happened to these people, but WHAT happened?

One scam I remember which is a similar idea, though different in content, was this whole thing where people would dig out impurities from a person's stomach. It was some sort of fancy palming type thing, they'd have chicken guts at the ready and just dig in (with pressure, no actual breaking of the skin) and then come up with the chicken guts and say see, that's the problem.

As in, something was being introduced to the water, if not some way of it actually coming off of the people's feet.

Worms, though, no. I mean, again, I don't know for a fact, but... Exclamation

$40 a pop is prime scam territory. Enough to make a serious profit, not enough to raise people's suspicions (too high, anyway...)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:55 pm
The Orgone Zapper Destroys Parasites
(Viruses, Bacteria, Worms, Yeast, Fungi, etc.)

Throughout The Body!

Combining the research of Dr. Hulda Clark and Wilhelm Reich, inventor Don Croft has combined developed a revolutionary new electro-medicine device, the Orgone Blood "Zapper." This small, hand held device introduces a small electrical current into the blood thereby killing parasites, fungus, viruses, yeast and bacteria in the blood. A Reichean orgone generator has been added which restores vital life energy to the body. Great for parasite, bacterial or yeast related illnesses, or for general detox and cleansing of the blood. Smaller, more convenient and more effective than conventional zappers. Can be worn on the body.

This zapper follows the circuitry recommended by Dr. Hulda Clark in her book, THE CURE FOR ALL DISEASES.

Orgone Blood Zapper $130.00

Orgone Blood Zapper - 5 Lot $475.00

Zapping for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening, daily, for three or four weeks will destroy even the most severe infestations of pathogenic organisms in the body, as Dr. Clark has claimed, but will not harm human tissue or beneficial flora. Most people have found relief from a variety of chronic and acute conditions within days and even minutes of zapping.

Although Dr. Clark recommends holding copper-pipe electrodes in the hands during three cycles of 7 minutes on, 20 minutes off, Don Croft, manufacturer of the Orgone Zapper, noticed long ago that if one simply puts the electrodes anywhere securely against the body for an hour, exactly the same results are obtained. He now uses pennies as electrodes because the political statement is too good to pass up.

The Center for Disease Control recently discovered that the average American has 2 pounds of parasites (around 300 species). Why not unload these passengers?

There are several versions of zappers on the market from at least 4 inventors. The original circuit from which Dr. Clark's was most likely developed was invented in the 1970's by Clifford Harrelson, who lives in Ashland, Oregon. In particular, we have found that the very low current (4.5mA, max) put out by this zapper is more effective, overall, than the higher current put out by some of our competitors' versions.

This principle (that very low electrical current kills parasites) was discovered accidentally by researchers at Albert Einstein Medical School when a bare wire accidentally fell into a human tissue culture of the AIDS virus, destroying the virus but not harming the human tissue.

It sounds like Dr. Marvel's Travelling Magic Show, but this is going on in the most posh salons in the boondocks, people.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:56 pm
There used to be this song that kids sang when I was a kid.

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out
They crawl over the dead man's snout

Does anyone know the rest of it. It was usually around Halloween when they pulled this out of the moth balls.

Lash, how awful.

I had some kind of intestinal worms when I was a kid and my mother made me eat raw cabbage everyday for about two weeks. She said you pick up the stuff from playing in the dirt.

Have you been playing in the dirt.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:56 pm
Meanwhile, if your lymph nodes hurt, go to a doctor. (Not the beautician variety, either. ;-)) Could indicate infection of some kind... at any rate, worth checking out.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003097.htm
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:57 pm
http://www.kwicksilver.com/images/zappertop2005.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 09:57 pm
Yeah, yeah, Soz! I saw the same thing about the chicken guts and stomache thing and I thought of that too.

I honestly don't think so, Lash, lol.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:00 pm
Oh good grief. Yeah, that's pure snake oil.

Here's some on Hulda Clark:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/clark.html
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:00 pm
If this zapper killed the parasites in your body, why would they come out of your feet? Wouldn't they just die wherever they were? It's gotta be a scam.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:01 pm
mac11 wrote:
If this zapper killed the parasites in your body, why would they come out of your feet? Wouldn't they just die wherever they were? It's gotta be a scam.

Exactly my thought
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:02 pm
http://www.altered-states.net/barry/newsletter133/beckq&a.htmHey, you seaglass! All God's chillens gots worms.

I haven't done this yet. Yeah, that Hulda person is obviously a quack. But people are doing this.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 10:03 pm
Yeah, I'd feel safe enough to make a large bet on it being a scam.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The worms go in, the worms come out...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:05:24