Putting a 'delay' in a dial tone.

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 05:05 pm
Ok- don't laugh.

We have a salesman here who spends the day with his fingers on the dial pad of his phone. Whenever a sales call comes in, he's always the first to get the call because he punches in the pickup code first. (only time he misses one is if he's already got one.)

I would LOVE to replace his phone cord with a special one that would have a 1 or 2 second delay in giving him his dial tone when he snatches it up.

Is there such a beast available? It would be hilarious watching him try to figure out how he's missing all those calls when other salesman actually get to take some.

Bud
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 734 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Michael S

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:43 pm
why not put a telephone AB switch box between his line and the phone line, you can then manually control how quickly he gets the dial tone, or just leave it connected for his normal use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5871072208
0 Replies

bud01234

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 08:20 am
Michael_S wrote:
why not put a telephone AB switch box between his line and the phone line, you can then manually control how quickly he gets the dial tone, or just leave it connected for his normal use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5871072208

That item is gone from ebay- do you have another link?
Thanks for the reply-

Bud
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 08:41 am
Sounds like he has a good work-ethic. Maybe if you spent more time speeding up your response and less time trying to slow him down....
0 Replies

bud01234

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:10 am
DrewDad wrote:
Sounds like he has a good work-ethic. Maybe if you spent more time speeding up your response and less time trying to slow him down....

Guess you have a point... but I refuse to sit for 8 hours with my fingers on a phone dial- waiting to punch 4311 at the first ring. Even if I did, I'd still take a potty break and let other folks have a shot occasionally.

Hey- I've got an idea. Idea Why don't you come over and do the finger phone? I'll pay you 10 bucks for every one you snag for me!

Cool
Bud
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:39 am
Or you could put 4311 on speed dial....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 10:00 am
I think that you need to spend more time on your job and worry less about the other guy.
0 Replies

bud01234

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:03 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Or you could put 4311 on speed dial....

First thing I tried. Our phone system won't take it for a speed dial.

Bud
0 Replies

bud01234

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:12 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I think that you need to spend more time on your job and worry less about the other guy.

<reading my job description> Oh Yeah! Here it is!! Sit at your desk with your fingers on the phone in case it rings.

Sorry, but this thread is mostly tongue-in-cheek but there are many facets of "my job", but this one with the other guy is kinda iritating.

btw, I'm the leading salesman here so I spend plenty of time on my job.

Thanks for the reply,
Bud
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:15 pm
I worked with a guy like that. We were supposed to take turns taking calls, but he'd forget that unwritten rule here and there, and start grabbing every call.

I do NOT miss working in a retail environment.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:16 pm
bud01234 wrote:

btw, I'm the leading salesman here so I spend plenty of time on my job.

So then what's the problem?

You bored? Nosey? Jealous?
0 Replies

bud01234

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 01:00 pm
I really like the environment, but there's always one in every crowd.

Oh well, usually a guy who makes all his co-workers mad eventually goes away on his on.

(Maybe i could stick a pin in his phone wire?)

Twisted Evil

Bud
0 Replies