Do You Have Your A2K Goodbye Thread Yet?

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:19 pm
I don't think we had crossed paths until now. It is very nice to meet you too Montana. Smile And thank you very much. Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:26 pm
You're very welcome ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 12:30 am
I am still looking for the outfit for my farewell thread.

I cannot decide between one of those black suits with the tails, a FROCK, or lots of trailing scarfy things.

And a cup of hemlock, or is that too tacky?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 12:57 am
Hey there bunny :-D

I'm thinking you should go with the trailing scafy things, but that's just my oppinion.

I decided I want to be naked if I ever have another farewell thread.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 01:04 am
Well, THAT certainly attracted me to this thread!

Welcome back, Montana......if you DO ever make a leaving thread, please supply some photographic evidence of the aforementioned.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 01:08 am
LOL! I knew that would at least get someones attention and I'm charging my camera battery as we speak ;-)

Thanks for the welcome, sir and it's always a pleasure seeing you :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:30 am
For the past 3 years I have been planning my goodbye thread. And I have had good reason!I Razz I just never get that right, solemn tone, so I procrastinate a little longer.

It's interesting that almost none of the old faithfuls ever seem start a thread about departing. It's generally newer members. (Who return almost immediately!) Now why is that? Interesting phenominum. Theories, anyone?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:36 am
I don't know about that, Olga. I know I've had at least a few farewell threads of my own, lol.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:38 am
But as the general rule, Montana ..... :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:42 am
True. Myself and BPB are the only old timers here to do such a thing Embarrassed
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:43 am
Interesting, interesting ......
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 05:13 am
Hey, before you all say goodbye, come wish Walter a happy birthday:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1876489#1876489

Montana, did you know that seed is looking for you? Razz
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:22 am
I will NEVER write a goodbye thread to A2K.

I will leave A2K under only two conditions:

I am thrown out. That is unlikely, bacause I turn off my 'puter before I get too pissed off to to write something of which the mods will take serious umbrage.

I am carried out horizontally, and sent to my final resting place, where there is no internet access.

So, it looks like you are all stuck with me! Razz
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:54 am
I don't care much for following trends therefore I won't be creating a ta-ta thread. I figure if Frank Apisa could vacate without so much as a warning (or did I miss that part), why should I be any different (it's good to have idols and icons; however that is different from joining the herd).

The good thing about being semi-delusional is that I never seem to really notice that I'm not part of the in crowd. And who would want to be? Nope, I'm me...there's no 5 ways about it.

Contrariously to what the song says it's not all that sweet..

We breeze up and down the street
we get respect from the people we meet

actually that is people fleeing from you.

I predict the farewell and so long to you threadfest will end as quick as it began...and maybe someone, at least one of those "I'm leaving" threads really will have a person who will stay leaved. It may be sad to see them go, but that's life....change continues.

Yup...I'm here and that's the way it is Tuesday February 21, 2006, I'm not Walter Cronkite...have a good day.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:15 am
I like Montana's idea. If, and when, I go, I will post nude pictures of myself rather than write a farewell. Yeah, that's the ticket. Nude, naked and buff. ;-)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:22 am
Yup.
If I have a goodbye thread, it will be full of naked people..

Though, i DID have one about a year ago because I thought I was not going to have internet access anymore.. but

noone got that lucky... im still here. ;-)
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:18 am
ossobuco wrote:
Cyphercat, did you never shy away from a2k?

Boy, have I. I've even left for a period, which was supposed to be permanent, but it didn't take. It's not that I don't understand the impulse to leave, or the impulse to write a goodbye, because both are quite appealing at times.

As a matter of fact, I still might want to at some point, which is why I wanted to get ideas from everyone on the goodbye thread; you know, what's tacky, what's classy, what the appropriate outfit is.

I go for dlowan's idea of lots of trailing scarfy things, that strikes a nice Isadora Duncan tone.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:27 am
all these goodbye threads remind of an old national lampoon cartoon, two guys sitting in a bar, and the one guys saying, "i left my wife this morning, of course it was only to go to work, but i feel good about my decision"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 03:02 pm
cyphercat wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
Cyphercat, did you never shy away from a2k?

Boy, have I. I've even left for a period, which was supposed to be permanent, but it didn't take. It's not that I don't understand the impulse to leave, or the impulse to write a goodbye, because both are quite appealing at times.

As a matter of fact, I still might want to at some point, which is why I wanted to get ideas from everyone on the goodbye thread; you know, what's tacky, what's classy, what the appropriate outfit is.

I go for dlowan's idea of lots of trailing scarfy things, that strikes a nice Isadora Duncan tone.

I'm a BIT worried about all the trailing scarves catching somewhere on my goodbye thread and decapitating me. That WOULD be tacky.....

Also, there would be no decent outcry and pleas to come back, or genuine joy, because it's become so overdone........sigh....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 04:05 pm
Well, I'll be using a ghost writer, if you don't mind.
My goodby thread will most definitely turn into a
much copied, pasted and re-used bestseller.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 07:41:59