Do You Have Your A2K Goodbye Thread Yet?

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:06 pm
They are so hot right now! It's very 2006 to have a farewell to a2k thread, and if you don't, you're a square.

I want one, but I've never been able to pull off the latest trends without looking stupid. If I got one, I just know it would go out of style right away and I'd be stuck with it.

So what about the rest of you? Do you have your own farewell thread yet, or are you waiting to see if it's just a passing fad before you go for it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,255 • Replies: 45
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:10 pm
Still composing. Like you, I'm holding out for something be the model for all future farewells.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:11 pm
I admit having considered it for milliseconds, from time to time, not lately, so I understand the gesture, which is often meant seriously. We see those who come back, but other have sailed away sans solioquy. So it goes, as Vonnegut would say. Stay and engage.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:12 pm
I don't like to follow the crowd. Therefore, I have made a firm and binding decision to be the very last A2Ker to have a farewell thread.

This, however, may not be a good idea because everyone else will have already had a farewell thread or, worse yet, be gone.

That means that I will spend countless hours formulating a carefully thought out farewell address and nobody will be here to read it. And, of course, nobody would be here to talk me out of it. Not that anybody may be inclined to do that even if they were not gone.

I think I will give this some more thought before I make a rash decision. In the meantime, everybody else can go ahead and write your address.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:16 pm
Intrepid,
It sounds like that Twilight Zone Episode... "Time Enough at Last."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:17 pm
I suppose no one worth their salt (what salt, exactly?) hasn't thought of huffing away. It is all part of learning how to discuss things with people of many opinions not automatically agreeing with one's own. Hard for all of us, of whatever pov.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:19 pm
What's this all about?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
I like Intrepid's idea. I'm going to wait to be the very last one too. Plus, there will still be plenty of people here to convince us not to go, because actually leaving after a goodbye thread just isn't done. It's considered bad form, really. Smile

And even though I'm teasing, I do completely understand why people have done serious goodbye threads and I'm just jokin. Hi Hephzibah! I just saw that since Saturday I had missed another goodbye, and then saw that the return had happened already too. It made me smile, and I know Heph can take a joke (right?)...and I'm glad she didn't go for long! Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:27 pm
What do you think it is about, Montana? people have said goodbyes to a2k for years. Perhaps the most recent is Hepsibah (spelled wrong, I bet), a new smart and serious a2k member.

People who are newer here tend to be more emotional about leaving at some point. After a while folks have their antennae removed by frequent furbearing butterflies and they stick around. Let me not judge if this is good or bad as a development.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:30 pm
Ok, cyphercat...

We will be the last. We can have a poll and everything to determine who will be the last one. Of course, we might be the only two available to vote in the poll.

I will beg you to stay if you do so in kind.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:30 pm
Oh, is that all? I thought that maybe A2K was shutting down and I got a bit freaked out, lol.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:31 pm
Montana wrote:
Oh, is that all? I thought that maybe A2K was shutting down and I got a bit freaked out, lol.

Youv'e been gone too long.
0 Replies

Mr Penberthy

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:33 pm
I am composing mine as we speak. Please do not try and stop me, as I have been the cause of such mayhem and foolishness as to shame my family for several generations.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:34 pm
Ok, Mr. Penberthy. Goodbye.

:-o
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:35 pm
Cyphercat, did you never shy away from a2k?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:35 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Montana wrote:

Youv'e been gone too long.

I know Embarrassed

((((((Hugs))))))
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:53 pm
cyphercat wrote:
I like Intrepid's idea. I'm going to wait to be the very last one too. Plus, there will still be plenty of people here to convince us not to go, because actually leaving after a goodbye thread just isn't done. It's considered bad form, really. Smile

And even though I'm teasing, I do completely understand why people have done serious goodbye threads and I'm just jokin. Hi Hephzibah! I just saw that since Saturday I had missed another goodbye, and then saw that the return had happened already too. It made me smile, and I know Heph can take a joke (right?)...and I'm glad she didn't go for long! Razz

Dang I'm out of the running to be the last one to do a goodbye thread! Grrrr! Hehehe yur funny cyphercat. Razz And thank you. I'm glad too.

BTW I didn't say I was leaving... I said I was taking a break....

Bwaaaaaaaaaaa hahaha! :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:07 pm
I've left many times because I let my anger get the best of me, but after taking several needed breaks, I always came back.

I just can't stay away :-D

Everyone needs a break once in a while.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:10 pm
Yeah I agree. It was much needed. I feel much better now. I just needed to clear my head a little. Razz

Here I go again... cyphercat... I hope you know I was just pickin on you and meant no harm by my last post. Confused
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:16 pm
I'm not sure if we ever crossed paths heph, but it's nice to meet you and I'm very happy to hear that you're feeling better :-D

Yup, the clearing of the head is something we all need to do every now and again ;-)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do You Have Your A2K Goodbye Thread Yet?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:59:45