dog peeing on the floor

syco

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:45 am
someone sold me a broken dog, long ago. i've had this mut for roughly 4 or 5 years now(that'a about how old she is too) and the past few months she's pissing all over floor like she was paying for the floors, see? I've rubbed her nose in it, hell I've just about made her roll around in it, and day after day, I wake up to a slick surface on my living room, and it's just a freakin mess.

I know that she knows it's wrong, because every morning i wake up to the fresh smell of esparigus, she has that stupid guilty look on her face, like she knows I'm going to be mad. she's about 40-50 pounds, medium sized, some kinda cross between a husky and some swedish terrior.

Can someone help me out here? it's become really frustrating.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,287 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:36 am
Maybe pup is sick?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:53 am
There could be a lot of things going on....he/she might be sick, having other problems (depressed, anxious, something is bothering him/her).

Have you checked with your vet, yet?

Whatever it is, there is probably a solution out there.

There are lots of experienced pet-people on this forum, and I know of at least one vet, so - don't despair!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:06 am
Take her to the vet, STAT--with a urine sample.

She could have a bladder infection or she could have lost full control of her bladder muscles when she's sleeping.

My dog gets her anti-dribble pill (wrapped in rattrap cheese) twice a day and the problem is solved.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:14 am
syco - you post that you're waking up to the urine. That would suggest that the dog can control her bladder while she's awake - and that Noddy's suggestion of taking a urine sample to the vet immediately is the best idea.

Rubbing her nose in urine that results from a sleep problem is just going to lead to other problems for your dog.
0 Replies

syco

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 09:31 am
I know it's not a sleeping problem because she sleeps in my room, not the living room. But I'd believe that she probably has some kind of bladder problem.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 09:38 am
Nose rubbing isn't going anything, and it won't do anything except raise her stress level -- which may contribute further to behavioral problems (if that's at the root of the problem) or the spread of her urinary tract infection (if that's her problem).

Get thee to a vet.
0 Replies

syco

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 03:53 pm
It's not a physical problem......

to prove this, I kept her shut up in a small room for 3 nights in a row. all 3 nights, she didn't pee. apparently she thinks that pissing all over a hardwood floor is okay, just so long as she doesn't have to smell it all night.

Rolling Eyes

so I'm back to nothing. any advice guys?
0 Replies