Tarbabies Anonymous: Or "stop worrying and love the wrong"!

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 05:42 am
What?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:31 am
Okay, Dr. Deb. I am ready for today's session.

So far, thanks to your wise counsel, I have learned to identify tarbabies and stop worrying about them. Bbbbut....do I have to actually love them??? I don't know if I can do that. Sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:21 pm
I'm avoiding the ongoing "so if you say the Danish paper was stupid you're JUSTIFYING what the rioters are doing, aren't ya?" stuff AND resisting Brandon's provocation whether Bush ever lied.

I am strong in the tar!

Btw I think nimh's "beating a dead horse" emoticon should become our li'l mascot thingy...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:42 pm
I'm mostly avoiding S&R in general. Being there or not being there won't make a hills beans of difference and it's better to not be there.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:54 pm
Ah, you all are made of steel apparently.

soz wrote:
Btw I think nimh's "beating a dead horse" emoticon should become our li'l mascot thingy...

I'll drink to that.
http://www.ghostchatter.com/img/smiley/deadhorse3.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 02:42 pm
Eva wrote:
Okay, Dr. Deb. I am ready for today's session.

So far, thanks to your wise counsel, I have learned to identify tarbabies and stop worrying about them. Bbbbut....do I have to actually love them??? I don't know if I can do that. Sad

Oh no, we don't have to love tarbabies, we merely use our clever cognitions to help us deal with "the wrong" who are the ones that create the tarbabies!

sozobe wrote:
I'm avoiding the ongoing "so if you say the Danish paper was stupid you're JUSTIFYING what the rioters are doing, aren't ya?" stuff AND resisting Brandon's provocation whether Bush ever lied.

I am strong in the tar!

You are a hero.

I HATE that line of argument, it is SO ******* STUPID and WRONG!!!! Sometimes it is fun to drop an exact analogy in there, which you know they will hate, and will not agree with, and not say anything else.

Resisting Brandon deserves a special medal.

Our sibling Sozobe is, indeed, strong in the tar!!!! Hail Sozobe.

J_B wrote:
I'm mostly avoiding S&R in general. Being there or not being there won't make a hills beans of difference and it's better to not be there.

On ya! So am I. I am in a work maelstrom, and my tension levels couldn't cope.

FreeDuck wrote:
Ah, you all are made of steel apparently.

soz wrote:

I'll drink to that.
http://www.ghostchatter.com/img/smiley/deadhorse3.gif

Ouch. I love horses....
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 12:57 am
What if the tarbabies feed off of the frustrating of reason and logic and begin to starve because you guys are all in here and they become zombie tarbabies and begin climbing into this thread and everybody goes apeapesh!t and starts running around trying to get away from the zombie tarbabies then all of a sudden uncle remus bust in but instead of being a old timey southern blackman it's Billy D. Williams and he's a badas$ hiphop talking dude and he has a flame thrower and says some cool one liner then torches all the zombie tarbabies.

TARBABIES REVENGE; Tarbabies Undead
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:50 am
My God that would be cool. I love Billy D. and he hasn't had a good ass-kickin role in ages.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:52 am
Billie D. is nice, but I say it's Action Jackson who bursts in on the scene.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:55 am
Hmmm ... I'm thinking this one can actually come in handy later ...

Code:
____ ____ ____
/....\ /....\ /....\
.-. |::::::| .-. |::::::| .-. |::::::|
| | |::::::| | | |::::::| | | |::::::|
| | (`:'':') | | (`:'':') | | (`:'':')
| | _--|__|--__ | |.--|__|--__ | |_--|__|--__
| | | ________|_|_|_ ________|_|_|_ ________|_____
| | / | | | | | |
| |/ / | | | | | |
|_| |/| | | | | | |
(===)| | | SURRENDER | | MOVE | | B A C K |
`===' |`-| |`-| |`-| |
| | |`-| |`-| AWAY |`-| |
|_| | | | | | | B A C K |
| | | | FROM | | |
| | | | | | |
|`-| |`-| THE |`-| B A C K |
|__| |__| |__| |
/_ | |_ | KEYBOARD |_ | |
|___`-__________-'__`-__________-'__`-__________-'

Original artwork from http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/, I only changed the texts ...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:29 pm
Oh, I think it a strategic withdrawal, not a surrender.

But I like that!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 03:19 pm
Strategic withdrawal reminds me of coitus interruptus.

leaving now....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:51 pm
Yeh i thought about that but "coitus interruptus" just didnt look like really fierce on those cop shields younno..
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:11 pm
Laughing What an image!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:07 pm
bump

Title is related to a discussion

Wondering if people remember seeing it--and if they thought something was wrong with the title--and if they did--why didn't they say so.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:12 pm
Lol!!!!

Man, I was wondering what took you so long!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:16 pm
Part of the thing that took me so long is that I'm trying not to appear to be baiting you personally, or to be getting some enjoyment out of pointing out the thread and other mentions of the word tarbaby.

I do think it is very useful to show it.

I'll reiterate for anyone reading that I don't think any harm was intended by any of these people re their use of the so-called controversial term "tarbaby."

However, members here have accused me and others (read: Republicans) of a mean ulterior motive in discussing or using it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:21 pm
I suspect they all forgived me because I am from another continent?

I am STILL trying to think of a really good other metaphor for what it means...

Am I imagining that there is a plant called something like "bide a while" or some damn thing, that entangles one the more the more one struggles?

Somehow quicksand just doesn't do it for me....

Anyone else got a better metaphor?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:44 pm
I was thinking about it today. Quicksand doesn't do it.

There are lots of people from the US who saw the many times you used it, and never felt the need to let you know some people here could be offended. Either they didn't realize people would be offended--which means everyone who uses the term is equally innocent--or they gave you a pass, which means their indignity is selective--and therefore illegitimate.

Well. We don't want this thread to become a <insert word here that means sucking imbroglio that attaches itself to a person, more securely with each wiggle to attempt escape, but that has no relation to any word that may offend anyone>.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:47 pm
Trap?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 11:01:57