Teen disappears before wife, 37, gives birth

jespah

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
From under which rock did these people crawl? And you thought your family was dysfunctional. Emphasis mine.
------------

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/child.groom.ap/index.html

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- A 15-year-old boy whose 37-year-old wife is due to give birth to the couple's baby this month has run away from a group home, prompting the boy's grandmother to speculate that the wife was involved in the disappearance.

The wife, Lisa Clark, who is due to give birth February 20, did not play a role in the boy's disappearance last Friday, said her attorney, Daniel Sammons.

The wife was "surprised and concerned," Sammons said. "She has no knowledge of his whereabouts."

The boy's grandmother, Judy Hayles, believes the wife was involved. "I think she's got him hidden out someplace," she said, adding that the boy told his roommate that someone was picking him up and he left without shoes, a jacket or money.

"That was his goal, to get with her," Hayles said. "They were just obsessed with having him there when the baby is born."

Sammons said he did not know when the wife last had contact with the boy, who was removed from his grandmother's custody in late November.

Producers of "The Tyra Banks Show," on which Clark was to appear Friday night in an interview taped in December, said Clark denied in a telephone interview Thursday that she had anything to do with his disappearance.

"I have not seen him or spoken to him at all," she said.

Clark and the youth, identified in juvenile court only as "A.S.G.," married in November. After being charged with child molestation for her relationship with the boy -- her teenage son's best friend -- Clark was released on bond on the condition that she not have contact with him.

Clark has said she still hopes to make a life with the boy and their baby.

Prosecutor Lee Darragh refused to comment on the boy's disappearance or the grandmother's comments.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 797 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 09:42 am
Actually - I was watching Good Morning America a few weeks ago, they had the grandmother on.

Let me tell you.....I wish everyone had a grandma like this.....in all this mess she is the voice of reason....and has no problem AT ALL saying what is on her mind.

She's the 15 year old legal guardian, and she's taking her job very seriously.

I actually cheered for her....She actually looked kinda like Aunt Bea....but with steel in her eyes. She's quoted below in the article, but imagine a plumb matronly church lady sitting with her hands folded neatly in her lap, looking it the camera with her mouth drawn into a line of disgust, saying in a delightful Georgia accent. "That woman makes my SKIN crawl"

Yeah Grandma.....I want you on MY team when it goes down.

Meanwhile, the family of the 15-year-old who married the 37-year-old Clark doesn't seem to be celebrating the couple's marital bliss. The boy's grandmother, Judy Hayles, said in a TV interview that her skin crawls when she thinks of Clark.

"I don't want to see her. I don't want to hear her. I don't even like to see her ugly mugshot on TV," Judy Hayles said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Hayles had filed a police report on Oct. 6 when she learned from a friend that Clark was pregnant. She said she knew her grandson was spending a lot of time with the woman, but she had no real objections until she found love letters and photos from Clark.

Hayles, who wants to get the marriage annulled, said Clark's attorney has said Clark intends to stay married to Hayles' grandson.

That will happen, the grandmother said, "when I'm laid out and candle lit."

go granny
go granny
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 02:23 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
...Disturbed by the child groom, Georgia lawmakers may soon debate changing a law that many didn't know even existed. Geared toward preventing out-of-wedlock births, the law dates back to at least the early 1960s.

"I never knew it was in the code until this morning," Jerry Keen, majority leader in Georgia's legislature, said Tuesday. ...

Your tax dollars at work.

I'm with you, Chai.

go granny
go granny
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 03:40 pm
I'm rooting for Granny, too, but 8-month Mama is obviously not thinking for two--let alone three--and the more Granny objects to the romance, the more ardent the bridegroom will feel.

In his mind the floozie loves him far more than Granny does.
0 Replies