"Chrissie Hynde Holds Her Guitar Like a Guy!"

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:27 pm
I need to start another band! All I need is a rhythm section. .
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:29 pm
Yea, join the club. Laughing
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:30 pm
Amigo wrote:
Thats cool.

Do you play guitar roxxxanne? What kind?

I'm a Gibson man myself. (playing fender right now)

I sing, play lead and write. I have three strats, a Taylor, a J-45, an old Guild and an old jazzmaster and another Gibson flattop. Also a blues harp virtuoso.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:31 pm
Amigo wrote:
Yea, join the club. Laughing

Ever get up to the Bay Area?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:33 pm
oh and a Gianninni classical...
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:38 pm
Yea, And I just bought a five piece Zildjian Mastersound set of cymbals. I can tell what kind of drummer your looking for. A R&R backbeat.....With a kick.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:47 pm
I just saw ramblin jack Eliot at the Henry miller library in Big Sur then afterwards we went to the bar down the road and there was a guy pickin some chords in there so I grabbed my old beat up ludwig and my brushes then this chick started singing after. They wanted us to play all night!!!!!!!!
The bartender gave us free beer all night and she was hot.

Swear to god.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:49 pm
I went to Austin in the 80s, put a band together in two weeks and got work! I have only been in San Francisco a year, I am thinking the best commercial format for my style would be blues, then we could evolve into...who knows what.

I just placed this ad at my website:

Blues Rhytm Section Needed:

looking for musicians who have worked together and already have a repertoire of standard blues songs. We could do standard blues and originals, I play mean blues harp too, ideally I would like another guitar player, bass and drums, the two guitars could trade lead and rhythm. Besides everything else, I am a dynamic performer with great stage presence, we could take a blues trio to a whole new level, would also need people with writing ability
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 03:52 pm
Amigo wrote:
I just saw ramblin jack Eliot at the Henry miller library in Big Sur then afterwards we went to the bar down the road and there was a guy pickin some chords in there so I grabbed my old beat up ludwig and my brushes then this chick started singing after. They wanted us to play all night!!!!!!!!

Swear to god.

Ramblin Jack is still jamming, eh? Love his San Francisco Bay Blues. And Cigarettes, Whsikey and Wild, Wild Women!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 04:09 pm
Nobody can play worth a sh!t were I'm at. I wonder if their are any players in San Francisco. I was in Seattle last year. Man, That whole town jams. They don't care about anything else.

Have you gotten any response? Or at least had some good jams?

I've been practicing Hank Williams, Johnny Cash kind of country drumming. Not to hard not to soft, brushes, stylish smooth and cool. Shades and ciggerate hanging out of mouth kind of stuff.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 04:21 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Swear to god.

Ramblin Jack is still jamming, eh? Love his San Francisco Bay Blues. And Cigarettes, Whsikey and Wild, Wild Women!
Somebody gave him some tequila in the Audience. He's an alcoholic (him and woody guthrie). His daughter is his manager. His whole life he would get a girlfreind and then turn her into his mom/manager. I swear nobody plays quitar like ramblin jack and I'm not a fanatic. My friend drug me up there. I wasn't expecting to see somebody play like that. I guess when you been playing those songs that long you can turn them into magic. You are the songs.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:35 am
I never knew Ramblin Jack as a virtuoso guitar player, does he use mostly standard tuning?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 09:42 am
Amigo wrote:
Nobody can play worth a sh!t were I'm at. I wonder if their are any players in San Francisco. I was in Seattle last year. Man, That whole town jams. They don't care about anything else.

I've been practicing Hank Williams, Johnny Cash kind of country drumming. Not to hard not to soft, brushes, stylish smooth and cool. Shades and ciggerate hanging out of mouth kind of stuff.

All I have done lately is lounge singing, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone stuff, accompanied by a piano. There are an awful lot of talented people here. I just posted my ad on Sunday.

I love the snare work on that song about the boy who plays the Tennessee flattop box. I can't remember if it is the Roseanne or Johny Cash version that I am hearing in my head. I love that song.

I have a bf in LA, he usually comes to see me but maybe I will come down to see him and we can jam somewhere.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:20 pm
material girl wrote:
I dont think there is a male/female way to hold a guitar, you just hold it.

Lets face it, there isnt much thats feminine about Chrissie Hynde.
In my defence I do like her and her songs.

Really? And you are the arbiter of what defines masculine and feminine? Supposedly, you are a woman and you think like that?

Girl, that is really sad that you seem to be young and so limited in your thinking. I would expect that kind of attitude from a flaccid old man, not a young woman.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 11:25 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Amigo wrote:

All I have done lately is lounge singing, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone stuff, accompanied by a piano. There are an awful lot of talented people here. I just posted my ad on Sunday.

I love the snare work on that song about the boy who plays the Tennessee flattop box. I can't remember if it is the Roseanne or Johny Cash version that I am hearing in my head. I love that song.

I have a bf in LA, he usually comes to see me but maybe I will come down to see him and we can jam somewhere.

I am putting a trio together featuring mostly my original stuff as well as traditional blues. My guitar playing is really rusty though but I have a really strong bassist and drummer who have been playing together, so that will help. I just hope I can hold on to them. I wanted to do an all girl thing but I gave up finding the right personnel.
0 Replies