Toilet paper

roger

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 01:01 pm
That's really quite charmin. You win an extra three squares.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 01:56 pm
patiodog, Don't look like it was made from a sheet of toilet paper. ;( c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 03:06 pm
was too. 40-grit.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 03:17 pm
That is one tough patiodog, then. Corn husks are 60 grit.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 03:32 pm
Interesting book by Kathleen Meyer:

"How to Sh!t in the Woods".

She's against using toliet paper in the backcountry.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 03:39 pm
NH, Those of us that have gone on safaris in Africa know how to sh*t in the woods and the wilds. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 03:43 pm
I'll bet you had a really good time, too!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 04:53 pm
Not a big fan of the smear technique myself, however ecologically friendly it may be.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 04:56 pm
C.I., in those safaris of Africa, are there wild boars that consider the outcome of your efforts for a delicacy and thus force you to run as soon as you have concluded your work as well? ;-) Now THAT i call a challenge!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 04:58 pm
There's been times when the ladies took the back of the landrover, and the guys took the front, because there were no trees or bushes. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 12:32 pm
Ran across this old thread. Feel the need to update. An ardent believer in over-the-roll for as long as I've been cognizant, I've recently had a change of heart. In my present abode, the toilet-paper-roller-thing is recessed into the wall. I don't doubt that when it was installed -- at least thirty years ago, from the looks of the tile -- there was plenty of room for the rolls of toilet paper that were available at the time. However, in today's world, toilet paper rolls are thicker and fluffier and barely fit into this little recess. And I've found that if you try to have the free end come over the roll, it's difficult to dispense paper sometimes, especially when the roll is full. However, if you install it in the once-hated under-the-roll orientation, the free end pulls out nice and easy, as if it was being dispensed through a slot in the wall.

Thing is, I worked for years to get the missus conditioned to the over-the-roll method (she has no personal preference on the matter), and now I can't get her reconditioned to put the roll in in the newly-preferred orientation.

Which isn't that great a problem, since most of the time she just leaves the empty roll on there and leaves the new roll sitting somewhere in the bathroom, inexplicably out of arm's reach.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 12:38 pm
Laughing

Glad to see you're coming around to the proper way of things.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 12:40 pm
This does not apply to the standard rig where the roll is set out from the wall and new squares tumble vertically toward the floor. This is a special case.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Toilet paper
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:33:26