What Do You Think is the Most Important Quality In A Person?

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:48 am
If there were one quality in a person that you believe is the most important, what is it, and why? Are there certain qualities that you look for in a person? whether the person is an co-worker, friend, lover, aquaintance, spouse?

Is there a quality that you believe is so important, that the lack of it would make that person unacceptable to you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,218 • Replies: 62
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:53 am
Consideration
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:59 am
A good sense of humor is essential to anyone I like to even be around. I am a goofy person and people that are too serious have a hard time understanding me.

It's actually hard to pinpoint one attribute. How many attributes go into programs like eHarmony? That seems to be fairly successful.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:02 am
Personal intergrity. I trust everyone unless they've shown me that I can't, then I have a hard time ever trusting them again.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
A common respect for others.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:07 am
eoe wrote:
A common respect for other human beings.

Yep... that is kind of what I had in mind when I wrote consideration. If everyone just had more consideration of others, problems would simply begin to disappear.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:09 am
I was going to say sense of humor, or even intelligence, but I'm going to have to go with nice tits.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:09 am
Empathy goes along with that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:10 am
Honesty.

I can tolerate a lot of things but lying to me is the worse offense.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:11 am
personal integrity.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:14 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Honesty.

I can tolerate a lot of things but lying to me is the worse offense.

I am in agreement with you. To me, the faking of reality is one of the most despicable things that a person can do. Once I find that someone has lied to me, I cut them out of my life.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:18 am
Integrity...

Quote:
Is there a quality that you believe is so important, that the lack of it would make that person unacceptable to you?

I hope not.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:19 am
Hep- Are you saying that a person with a lack of integrity would be acceptable to you?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:21 am
Yes, a person can lack of personal integrity and still be acceptable.

Think of someone who lost a leg...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:21 am
I'm saying that people are people. No one is perfect. And since I'm most definately not perfect it would be silly of me to expect that from someone else. There's more to a person than what they do.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:22 am
Francis wrote:
Yes, a person can lack of personal integrity and still be acceptable.

Think of someone who lost a leg...

That's not what I meant, and you know it!! Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:26 am
hephzibah wrote:
There's more to a person than what they do.

Yeah, well a liar has no respect for me or themselves, and frankly, I don't have room in my life to be deceived, betrayed and hurt. There are enough problems without having to worry about a personal attack on the homefront.

If you lie, that makes you a liar and thusly, you are what you do.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:29 am
hephzibah wrote:
I'm saying that people are people. No one is perfect. And since I'm most definately not perfect it would be silly of me to expect that from someone else. There's more to a person than what they do.

hep- I am not speaking about perfection. Perfection does not exist. When I talk about honesty and integrity, people DO slip up on little things once in awhile. I certainly would not hold it against them. Could you accept a person who had a characteristic lack of integrity?

Let me give you an example. Years ago, I worked with a woman. We hit it off immediately, and became fast friends. She was bright, witty, charming, and in general, what I thought was a lovely person.

Little by little, I started to discover inconsistancies in what she was telling me, often about insignificant things. After awhile, I did not know what to believe, and began to doubt EVERYTHING that she was saying. At a certain point in time, I made up my mind simply to drop her as a friend.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:31 am
I don't really care for being lied to either. And I've written plenty of people off for doing so in the past. It's a tough position to be in. I get lied to every day. There are people at work that will stand there, look me strait in the eye, and lie to me to cover their own butt. If I wrote them off I would have a miserable time at work. The kids I work with lie every day. If I wrote them off I wouldn't be able to help them. While I understand protecting yourself from being hurt, I also understand that when I did that I lived a very lonely life, because I shut just about everyone out.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:37 am
Re: What Do You Think is the Most Important Quality In A Per
Phoenix32890 wrote:
If there were one quality in a person that you believe is the most important, what is it, and why? Are there certain qualities that you look for in a person? whether the person is an co-worker, friend, lover, aquaintance, spouse?

The ability to roll with the punches is very important to me. Someone who sees life as it really is, accepts it is far from perfect, yet can continue on without being bitter, or become stagnant because things aren't going their way. That's someone who knows they are not the center of the universe, but a part that makes the tapestry whole.
Along with this would of course be a sense of humor, the ability to see the absurdity of it all.

The unacceptable part....I don't know, I'll have to think about that.
Good question.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What Do You Think is the Most Important Quality In A Person?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:29:42