The Alphabet game

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:02 am
Lots going on with me - how about you?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 12:00 pm
Making up for lost sleep here. Did a bowling birthday party for my daughter on Saturday, and went out with the girls LATE Friday nite!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 12:34 pm
Nice! Sounds like a lot of fun - esp the bowling party part Smile
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 12:59 pm
Oh, it was! Pizza, bowling, ice cream cake, gifts, candy, what more could a kid ask for?! How was your week end?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 01:35 pm
Pretty busy, too... we're shopping for furniture, doing some gardening, I painted a couple of paintings... I wish today were Thursday (that's my Friday)... I don't want to be at work today.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 02:03 pm
Quite! It's too cold for gardening here yet. I'll be starting mine around Memorial Day. I WISH I could paint (other than walls)! What do you do for work that you can be on a2k too?! :wink: Very Happy

Gotta go shower after my workout!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:02 pm
Really boring stuff, actually - I'm in an office and am fairly busy, so I just check back and forth. It's a mind-release and de-stresser.

Do you watch much TV?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:21 pm
Sometimes I have it on just for noise. Most of the time I can't stand to just sit and watch. I like a few shows, but nothing I'd stop the world for. Are you a tv watcher?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:29 pm
No, I'm the same...only I have on the DIY shows Smile I do watch Grey's Anatomy though.

Have you read anything by Willem Van der Vettering (or is it Wettering?)?? He writes the Grijpstra detective books.

Also, Peter Hoeg - do you like him?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:05 pm
Oh, I've heard of the detctive books. He's Dutch, isn't he? What does Peter Hoeg write. I'm into classic novels, history, Semi-autobiographical books & I love C.S. Lewis.

Are you a movie buff at all?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:20 pm
Well, dj: peter hoeg is Dutch, as is Van de Vettering... Hoeg wrote "Smilla's Sense of Snow", "The Borderliners", and "The Woman and the Ape" - that's all of his I've read, at any rate. I loved the former and latter. Smilla was turned into a movie.

I like weird and wonderful ... Quentin Tarantino, Ken Finkleman (Cdn guy), Foreign Films (some, anyway)... I liked Fargo, Margaret's Museum, The Shiralee, Babette's Feast, Chocolat, Smoke...

And you --- ??????
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:27 am
Very interesting!

Movie-wise I like a lot of things - depends on my mood. I'll watch movies with the kids like Shrek or Princess Bride. They're sort of quirky funny and we can both watch them without my going insane over how inane some kids movies are! Like books, I love old classics like Wuthering Heights, etc., some foreign films, a few documentaries, and musicals. Lately I've watched Frida, The Motorcycle Diaries, and Rent - all good.

How would you describe yourself?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:19 am
X-cuse me ladies is this thread in hibernation?
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 06:05 am
Yippee - Dutchy's back! How are you my good man?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 06:29 am
Zappy my friend, nice to be back on home ground and getting re-acquainted with my a2k friends.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 09:00 am
Away, and now welcome back, good to see you, Dutch-!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:11 pm
Breathing a little easier today after the long trip, nice to hear from you devriesj. Smile
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 03:14 pm
Can I say 'thank you' for that? It's nice to hear from you as well. Smile
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:02 am
Dutchy, it's great to have you back with us again my friend! Very Happy

Hope everyone is well.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 03:43 pm
Enjoying my return and getting slowly back into the groove Butterfly.
0 Replies