The Alphabet game

butterfly

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:56 pm
Just the lady we have been hoping to catch up with! Very Happy. How are you Mame? Dutchy and I were only just saying today that we hadn't seen you or Shari for a while- we've missed talking to you both.

(I have helped Justaclue with 3 possible cryptic answers out of 4, still looking for the last one :wink:)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:48 pm
Keenly remember that Shari's moving --- she's maybe still en route or unpacking? I've been sick with virulent cold - achoo! How've you two been?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:07 pm
Lovely to see those pouting lips again, hope you've shaken off that flu, we missed you. Very Happy
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:17 pm
Morning Dutch Very Happy

Hope you're feeling much better now Mame. It's good to have you back with us again! Very Happy

Hope Shari is ok- I forgot that she was in the process of moving!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:19 pm
Nice welcome from both of you, thank you. Does my poor old aching body good. I've been asleep most of the weekend.

How's the weather out your ways? We're in for another storm Smile (love 'em!)
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:41 pm
Oodles of hot weather still- 37 degrees here yesterday.

I love storms too mame! Laughing
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:43 pm
Put your feet up and have a good rest when you get home Mame :wink:
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:47 pm
Quite bubbly this morning "B" aren't you? A man can't even get his turn. Laughing

Hope your storm isn't to bad Mame.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:00 am
Rather tame, so far! It hasn't even materialized Smile Or do you spell it 'materialise'?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:07 am
Shivers, tame is an understatement, everybody seems to have gone into hibernation.

(materialise is the spelling used here Mame)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:10 am
Thanks, good to know, D... the British version. We Canadians adhere primarily to the British spelling, but some spellings and pronunciations is North American-ized. Do you say privacy with a long or short 'i', for example?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:25 am
United we stand Mame. We do not following the American spelling to my knowledge, not that there is anything wrong with it, but it would confuse things I would think. "Privacy" is how it is written down here, no short 'i' s, except off-course for such words as Iraqi, Raddii etc.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:31 am
Very well Smile we say privacy like we would say private... I don't know why pri-vacy never gained a foothold here. And I see I made a grammatical error - should be pronunciations ARE...and I guess it's North Americanised Smile I'll never get used to it.

Do you know what I find funny when I go to the UK? They use the words "Way Out" for Exit Smile They don't use "Way In" for Entrance, though.... Just strikes me as very funny, for some reason.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:56 am
Well, languages are a funny thing, "Exit" and "Entry" are both in use here, but I have also seen "Way out" and "Way In" used plus other terms. Hey, don't pick me Laughing on my grammar as I'm self-taught when it comes to the English (Australian) language.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 12:59 am
'xactly, Dutchy... languages are funny. I adore them, and the idioms Smile I have studied German, Italian, Spanish and French, plus a little Greek. Not fluent in any of them anymore, unfortunately, but I do love them. When did you begin to learn English?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 01:05 am
You treading on dangerous grounds here.... Mame:lol: let's say a good while ago. :wink: Besides English, Dutch is off-course my first language and German is next as I have many relatives there and I keep in regular contact.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 01:12 am
Zzzzzzz.... that's what German does to me Smile I like the Dutch accent. I can usually identify it, too ... it's very distinctive. Do the majority of Europeans travel a fair bit, do you think?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 02:04 am
Absolutely, this country is overrun with young backpackers from Europe, but also older Europeans frequently make their way over. Presently I have 3 friends from Holland visiting us and a German mob will be here for Xmas I expect.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 02:15 am
Boy, sounds like fun Smile By the way, I posted a pic of my grandson over on the Testing Forum, "page 6 of This Picture Thing"... in case you're interested :
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:13 am
Cool, Mame, "Big Teddy or Freddy"? Splitting image of you.. Laughing ...lips etc. Lovely little fellow, I guess about 8 months?

(Sorry for being slow in posting replies, but I'm so occupied with other things that answering threads immediately is near impossible)
0 Replies