The Alphabet game

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:03 am
Good night, D... see you tonight, no doubt Smile
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:42 am
Relieved to know that there is no sinister meaning to Mame's Canuckism.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:04 am
Ha ha ha - aren't you out of ABC order, girl??! Wow, caught ya!
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:17 pm
Innocence is bliss................................... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:20 pm
Just who do you think you're kidding..... Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:57 pm
Kevin Costner?

Kevin Kline?

Kevin Bacon?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 04:02 pm
Like your choices Mame, what is it that attracts these men to the opposite sex?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 04:40 pm
Maybe the name? lol

I Simply Cannot Stand Mr. Overacting, Posturing Kevin Costner - the only decent movie that I think he did was Field of Dreams. The rest are crap. No, really - crap!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz LOSER! Esp Dances with Wolves which he completely RUINED!!! It was SUCH a good book. And what was with Waterworld????????? Kinda soggy. Lost me in the first 45 min when he was still at sea, alone. Weirdo.

LMAO

I should be a movie reviewer, eh?!
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:53 pm
Never before have I heard anyone talk like that about Kevin Costner - except for me. I do not agree with the 'Mr Overacting' title though, I think he is more of the 'Mr-Wooden-Lump-Standing-There-With-One-Expression-On-His-Face-And-One-Nasally-Tone-To-His-Voice' category of acting. For some reason, though, I did think he was good in Silverado.

Mame has such excellent taste! :wink:
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:40 pm
Oh that's funny that we should agree on him - and you're right - he's more the wooden actor type than the overactor like David Caruso in CSI. Correct.

I didn't see Silverado but I don't really care to. Whom do you like?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:59 pm
Personally, I don't go for the big stars - I have always found second leads (the hero's offsider that takes the bullet meant for him) much more interesting and attractive. This has included people like James Coburn, LQ Jones, Sam Elliott, Scott Glen.

I did fall in a big way for Harrison Ford but when he took up with Callista Flockhart - that was the end of him. At present I guess my rave is Liam Neeson - although I do wish he would make a film where he does NOT become the hero's mentor before being horribly tortured and slain by the baddie! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 04:32 am
Quite taken with Christopher Eccleston since the amazing Doctor Who series - anyone out there in the Colonies know him?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:01 am
Rather! I like your taste. Did you ever catch the show, The Sandbaggers?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:10 am
That was a Spy series about the cold war some 20 odd years ago from memory. I'm not a TV watcher and remember precious little about it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:40 am
Unbelievable that you should rememeber! Yes, it was, and it was quite good Smile We recently bought the dvd's for my mother-in-law.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:24 am
Very curious! I do not remember it at all. I Googled to see if it would jar my memory, but I still drew a blank. But I do agree about Christopher Eccleston.

I have been thinking about actors I have liked over the years and have come to the conclusion that apart from a couple of notable exceptions (namely John Rhys Davies and Robbie Coltrane) I go for half-starved losers! (Hmmm... she ponders, wondering what Dr Freud would make of all this.) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 01:20 pm
Waif syndrome - you want to smother them with mother love!! Christopher Eccleston was succeeded in the Dr Who role by David Tennant who is ok but just too flimsy - does he rank as a half-starved loser?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 02:24 pm
xciting, isn't it? Confused
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 02:32 pm
yes. What is?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:15 pm
Zonks. Let's talk about Angelina Jolie.