The Alphabet game

lezzles

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 08:05 pm
Dutchy wrote:
Do you ladies ever give up, what's the matter with you, can't you see we're enjoying ourselves? Let your hair down once in a while, join in and don't be so uppish, we never stray for of the straight and narrow. Why ban us to an "inane and flirtatious conversations thread" so you can then call us "male chauvinists"?

X-cuse my interruption. I was just going to ride off into the sunset, but decided to have my say before I went. Dutchy, my dear, NO ONE wants any of you banned to any one thread and NO ONE wants to call you male chauvinists.

What I (and I can only speak for myself) would like is to click into a thread that is supposedly playing a particular game and find that game is actually being played. There is believe it or not, lots of room for levity, innuendo and plenty of double entendres while sticking to this basic principle. On this thread for example you can say what you like about anything you like - all that is asked is that you start your post with the next letter of the alphabet. Is that really so hard? It would seem that it is.

I think Clary's suggestion was simply the creation of a separate thread without any rules or purpose where you could all blabber on to your hearts' content about sexual prowess, the role of women, etc. etc. We could call it the "Naughty Little Boys Chalking Rude Words Like 'BUM' and 'BOTTOM' On the Toilet Walls At School Thread.

As it is now, every second thread seems to have been taken over by what can only be called the"boring old fart" syndrome and one is only welcome to participate if prepared to kow-tow to the absurd nonsense propounded by one or two people.

It is not me being "uppish", my friend. Nor am I averse to "letting my hair down". I am not irate nor do I think I am better than anyone else, I just don't want to be bored out of my brain when I want to play a game with seemingly intelligent people.

If you've got nothing better to do, just check back through the threads and ask yourself why so many of the regulars rarely contribute these days. Could it be they have similar feelings?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 11:31 pm
Yowzas - I had no idea this stuff was going on... can we change the subject?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 11:57 pm
Zero chance before I have a short reply. Point taken lezzles, your sincerity is beyond question, no hard feelings my dear. :wink:

(What would you like to suggest Mame, are we going to search for your Ruby lips, which seem to have disappeared?)
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 03:00 am
A cat among the pigeons, I seem to have caused. To be fair to the participants, there was a reasonable conversation about chess going on and I leapt to the wrong conclusion that this was yet another directionless flirtation going on with no attention to the game. My sincere apologies to Dutchy and I should definitely read the previous postings, mea maxima culpa.
But in support of Lezzles and those who do play the game, can it be so hard to start your first sentence with a particular letter? That's the ONLY rule! Or to talk about yourself alphabetically? Come on guys, you aren't as stupid as you seem!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 04:06 am
Bravo Clary, you are a role model of what a true woman is, a woman who has a backbone, smart, beautiful (if your previous Avatar is the real you Smile ), compassionate and takes no insults. I'm blown away by your "mea maxima culpa", it takes a special woman to make an admission of a flawed nature and the willingness to make amends for it, I accept your apology with great humility.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 07:56 am
Cor, blimey, strike a light mate! Embarrassed Well, I accept your very handsome apology - if you are half as handsome as it is, you must be a corker! (And yes, that was me a couple of years ago... think more wrinkles have appeared since then.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 08:24 am
Do you not know that Brantome in The Lives of Gallant Ladies claims that wrinkles only appear on epidermal surfaces exposed to the light and that areas not exposed to the light remain pristine even until a ripe old age.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 10:16 am
Epidermal surfaces seem to be the cause of much concern among certain sets - celebrities, for example.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 04:38 pm
Fashion and frippery; fun but footling.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 04:40 pm
Good Evening Clary, still up this time of the night?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 04:42 pm
Goodness (she said filling in the missing G), it isn't that late is it? Oh yes, quarter to midnight. I liked our mutual admirations osciety above Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 04:49 pm
Hey what's up, missing "G" Question Question and "osciety is not in my dictionary Question Smile
Sticking religiously to the alphabet.....
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 04:58 pm
I know you are NOW. But you weren't. Too sleepy, osciety creeping in. G'night!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 05:04 pm
Joyfully wishing you Goodnight also.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 12:51 am
Kept on going while I slept, you did, and now here I am back again on a bright and sunny Saturday morning!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 04:31 am
Late evening here and raining, nothing worthwhile on TV so a few entries on the threads to pass the time.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 02:01 pm
Mid-day here and a beautiful, balmy, sunny day. (are we reduced to the weather? lol)
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 02:02 pm
No, there must be something more exciting. Apparently Mathos is having a party in his cave and spendius is organizing it. On second thoughts, perhaps the weather is more riveting.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 02:04 pm
Observation of Clary being critical regarding Matho's party and Spendius Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 02:06 pm
Poor Mathos! Or is it poor Spendi? Which was she speaking about being less than riveting, do you think?
0 Replies