The Alphabet game

lmur

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:12 am
Yikes - there are tears in my eyes....

..tears of joy, that is!

Munster have won and are crowned European Champions. They clung on with enormous effort as a gallant Biarritz side drove forward with wave afer wave of attack in the 2nd half. Man of the match? A 5 ft 6 inch scrum half called (appropriately enough!) Peter Stringer. As long as I live I will always remember an occasion in the 2nd half where 6 ft 6 inch Serge Betsen was driven over the touch-line by Stringer who had played in the two previous Final defeats and was not going to suffer another one!

Breathless stuff - my poor ticker is in over-drive. Think I'll lie down for a while. (After due celebration of couse. :wink: ).

Thanks for the support from Down Under. I know who I'll be cheering on when the Ashes next come around.

MUN-STE-ER!
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:38 am
Z-actly the outcome we were hoping for :wink: Congratulations Lmur, I'm so happy for you my friend! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What was the final score? Laughing
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 10:59 am
A close-run thing , butterfly. Final score was 23-19. Still finding it difficult to breathe..!!

(You can go to bed now Laughing )
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 11:06 am
Butterfly will now gladly go to bed! Laughing

Take care my friend, and enjoy the celebrations! Cool
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 20 May, 2006 04:25 pm
Can't believe it Lmur, Declan Kidney's boys Champions of Europe and winning the "Heineken Cup" (A little bit of Dutch there) in the Millennium stadium. Fantastic effort friend, I'll raise my glass this afternoon and salute you. Razz
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:01 am
Dicky-head this morning. And not a cold, either :wink:

You know your Rugby, Dutch! Incidentally, Heineken is the most popular lager in this neck of the woods.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:08 am
Ecstatic for you lmur. had a couple Heineken's myself this afternoon. Smile
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:27 am
Fantastic stuff, heineken, in moderation of course :wink:

Wouldnt it be a good idea if they organised an annual once-off world championship, where the winners of the Super-12 and Heineken Cup are pitted against each other?

From what I understand, our boys wouuldn't have a prayer.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:29 am
Good news indeed for lmur and also for the drunken Irish louts who were littering the streets of Bratislava yesterday afternoon!!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:32 am
Great idea, from what I understand the Aussies play a pretty mean game, Rugby isn't played in South Australia but I watch the highlights from other States on TV. Butterfly would know more about the Aussie Boys as Rugby is the main sport in her state.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:42 am
Horrified to hear of the loutish behaviour of fellow-countrymen in Bratislava, Clary. A pity they couldn't celebrate without thought for others.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 04:45 am
It wasn't too bad at 4 pm. Indeed the young lady in our party attracted some gentlemanly attention, and a self-styled 'lanky eejit' took our photos, plus a few of his mates, with her camera. But I imagine by 11 pm the streets would be ... unimaginable!
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:32 am
Just delighted that Munster won the final! Cool

Wonder if Lmur could hear a croaky voiced Butterfly in the far distance singing out "Go the Reds!", while the game was in progress? Laughing
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 08:51 am
Knowledgable now to the fact that the husky voice I heard was not our cat developing asthma!
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 09:06 am
Lovely to see you my friend. Very Happy

That's two big final wins in as many months! Cool
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:16 am
Monday morning and everyone else has to go to work. Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:23 am
Our man Dutchy isn't, sitting in front of the fire, playing his favourite game on Monday afternoon. Smile
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:24 am
Pleased that other people, like me, truly relish leisure. Are you a retired person by any chance?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:29 am
Quite right there Clary.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 01:39 am
Retirement is the best thing ever, in my view. But then I haven't actually been in full-time work since 1973.
0 Replies