problem with Pioneer DEH-P47DH cd stereo for my truck

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:12 pm
I just tried installing the Pioneer DEH-P47DH cd stereo into my 1995 Chevy Suburban to replace the Delco that was in it. All I put in was the GM antenna adapter, wiring harness adapter and used the mounting bracket kit off the old one. Checked all the wires and they are getting the power thru. Problem is, it won't turn on at all. Everything seems right but it just won't work. The stereo is not brand new and for all I know it probably just doesn't work no matter what anyway. But I thought I'd ask for help in case I am missing something. The only thing I think it did do is give the "Warning" tone for the removal face plate a few times. But the face doesn't even light up or anything. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,350 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 02:57 pm
bump.
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 10:52 am
BUMP????? What kind of a stupid reply is that??? Yeah I see it on several other questions too. Great help. Waste of time. Don't need an answer anyway, getting refund for radio.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:04 am
"Bump" is used to move a question back into prominence.

I know nothing about cars. I felt your question deserved an answer and was using established internet custom to help find that answer for you.

Sorry to have displeased you.l
0 Replies

yleecoyote26

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 09:34 pm
So sorry Noddy. You may know nothing about cars, well I know nothing about "bump" and such. Again I apologize. Just sometimes I've noticed people will use other people's questions as a way of doing stupid things. Thanks for trying to get me help. I went back and filed a complaint and hopefully will see my refund for the stereo real soon. So again I am sorry.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 10:26 pm
If as you say the power connection to the unit is correct and live yet the unit will not power up, the problem is with the unit itself. It might be due to a faulty or missing fuse, a fault in the unit's internal power supply, the unit's switching, or might even be related to the unit's onboard anti-theft system. You mentioned the unit was not new. Its a little late now, but in any such situation, it is best to bench-test the unit - connect it to power and speakers and try its functions - before going through a full installation. Well, at least now you know - better luck next time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:46 am
yleecoyote26 --

No problem. I don't know anything more about cars than I did last week, but you learned something new about internet customs.

Take care.
0 Replies