Express the Fraction with the LCD

deery

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:17 am
Express the fractions 3/4, 7/16,and 5/8 with the LCD.

Thanks, Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,973 • Replies: 16
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:07 am
Why don't you post what you've tried to do so far?
0 Replies

deery

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:27 am
Becasue I have not tried to do anything.

I've been working on other problems. That's why I posted this one for some HELP!

Thanks
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:43 pm
By inspection of these three fractions, the lowest common denominator should be pretty clear.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 03:40 pm
deery wrote:
Becasue I have not tried to do anything.

I've been working on other problems. That's why I posted this one for some HELP!

Thanks

It sounds like you posted this one so we would do it for you. We love to help. We don't care to do your homework. Why don't you try it and post back if you can't get it.
0 Replies

deery

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 04:03 pm
I don't need you to do my homework! If that was the case all my problems would be posted! As for this MATH IS MY WEAK POINT!!! SO I DON"T CARE FOR LCD's OR ANY OTHER MATH PROBLEMS!!!

THANKS FOR YOU HELP!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 05:55 pm
I guess that answer speaks for itself.
0 Replies

deery

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 08:28 pm
what is your deal???
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 11:50 pm
I guess his deal is that he doesn't like impolite people, who have no interest in becoming educated, and expect others to do their work for them. You aren't looking for instruction to help you learn. You're looking for other people to do work you consider to be beneath you.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:22 am
Brandon's answer about sums it up. You see, we like math and science and volunteer our time to help people who want to learn or are having problems and need some help to overcome them. There also seems to be community consensus that just giving out the answer does not help. You've posted a few LCD questions and been given hints. Are those helping you? How has your teacher advised you to approach these problems? There is little benefit to us in answering these other than to help you learn. We passed sixth grade a long time ago.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:24 am
Re: Express the Fraction with the LCD
deery wrote:
Express the fractions 3/4, 7/16,and 5/8 with the LCD.

Thanks, Very Happy

24/32, 14/32, and 20/32.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:32 am
LOWEST common denominator Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

deery

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:37 am
Sorry people I struggle with math. Math is the only subject that I don't care for yes, but that does not mean I have no interest in be coming educated. So your the impolite one. Don't judge me b/c I struggle with math.

Have a blessed day!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 09:52 am
fresco wrote:
LOWEST common denominator Rolling Eyes

Let me spell it out for you: S A R C A S M.

More like chasm with some folks, though.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 10:54 am
deery wrote:
Sorry people I struggle with math. Math is the only subject that I don't care for yes, but that does not mean I have no interest in be coming educated. So your the impolite one. Don't judge me b/c I struggle with math.

I've never seen anyone here judge someone because they struggle with math. You've received feedback on your comments because you did not try the problem before posting and said you did not intend to. Asking you to try the problem and post the results of your efforts is hardly impolite. Demanding that we solve the problem you are too busy to tackle seems over the top to me.

Are you going to try the problem? You can still get help here if you are willing to do your part.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:20 pm
Clue :
Camera.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 02:41 am
Hint

Express all your numbers in theire simplest possible terms e.g. 5/10 as 1/2 or 6/8 as 3/4

Factorise the demoniators into their unique primes e.g. 3/32 = 3 / 2*16 = 3/ 2* 2* 2* 2* 2

5/ 12 = 5 / 2* 2 * 3

Superset the demonitors (in this example between 32 and 12 gives you 2* 2* 2* 2* 2* 3). Work out your mapping function for 1/32 use * 3, for 1/12 use 2* 2 * 2

Transfer your fractions onto this newest LCD.

Good luck
0 Replies