What's in Your Purse?

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:21 pm
I am doing a game for a bridal shower that involves guests getting points for each weird thing they have in their purse that day. What are some bizarre things you carry around?

I need ideas!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,567 • Replies: 55
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:26 pm
I carry this......

http://www.lightingware.com/images/products/UD103-M.jpg

in my purse!

http://www.infectiousthreads.com/Images/big_purse_ad_spider_black_side.jpg
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:34 pm
It's not a purse... it's a Man Satchel !!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:40 pm
Ok, the only people that have answered my thread are 2 men.

WTF?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:50 pm
This is a one sided sexist question which excludes men. I am now going to throw a hissy-fit and stomp my feet in rage.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 03:53 pm
I usually just carry a tiny bag that doubles as wallet. However, when I go out to do landscape consulting I carry a little battery operated device that measures the pH and the mineral contents of soil. If you want a picture I can probably find one. The only other oddity would be a collapsable water bowl for my dog.

(We've got some weird men on this forum, weren't these guys also on the Victoria Secret Bra thread? I see a scary trend)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:08 pm
In order to assist you in your quest BD, I have grabbed my wife's purse and had a quick look.

A calculator
A small cuddly toy
One lettuce leaf
A notepad
Miniature binoculars
A small, folding trestle table
An incomplete picnic set
Hair tongs
Assorted underwear
A book "The female Orgasm"
Two toffee wrappers (rum and raisin)
Various office equipment, including a portable air conditioning unit
Tofu
An espresso coffee machine
Screwdriver and pliers
Six pairs of spectacles
Toilet roll
A complete set of cutlery and a small lipstick, that started vibrating when I picked it up.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with your quiz.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:12 pm
Sturgis wrote:
This is a one sided sexist question which excludes men. I am now going to throw a hissy-fit and stomp my feet in rage.

I agree....and think we should protest for an equal say about our......man satchells. :wink:

http://www.spudstravels.com/Travel%20Archive/North%20America/USA/Washington%20DC/District%20of%20Columbia%20images/Protesting%20Potatoes%20-%20Landscape.jpg
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:13 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
a small lipstick, that started vibrating when I picked it up.

I got one of those as gift for being a bridesmaid once.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
a small lipstick, that started vibrating when I picked it up.

I got one of those as gift for being a bridesmaid once.

Doesn't it make a mess when you try to apply it?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
Green Witch wrote:
(We've got some weird men on this forum, weren't these guys also on the Victoria Secret Bra thread? I see a scary trend)

I don't think we're weird.....at all. We see this as an important issue that affects all humans, no matter what gender.

After all, women shouldn't be excluded from "Automotive Korner", right?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:20 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
In order to assist you in your quest BD, I have grabbed my wife's purse and had a quick look.

Oh, c'mon, Ellpy! There's no shame in admitting that it's really your man satchell that you're rummaging through.

Let's stand shoulder to shoulder on this issue! Surely we can all hunker down and get to the bottom of this situation.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ReynN/whole20group202.jpg
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:25 pm
thinking back I recall mother carrying a 40000 pound purse and a canvas bag as well. Her purse contained the essentials, 4 or 5 plastic rain bonnets with those silly floral designs, a change purse for exact change in stores, a change purse for transit costs and phone calls, a change purse for helping the needy, 3 different combs, 1 hairbrush, a mirror, a compact, 3 or 4 tubes of lipstick (all the same red color...she used no other), a small wallet with paper money, a small wallet with identification information, a third wallet with credit cards and coupons, a packet of tissues, a spare pair of eyeglasses, a package of emery boards, some photos of people who nobody seemed to know, a few pictures of family, postage stamps, aspirin, keys to her home, keys to her mothers place, keys to something although we never knew what, a bottle of Cope (whatever that was), a map of the city, some plastic spoons, a few paperclips, there were other things too I am sure but it has been a while since she died so I can't go and look...
Being a man I carry a backpack and toss everything in there and then search frantically when needing to find something.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:28 pm
Well this thread has obviously been taken over by the guys. I'm off the Automotive Korner to find some female companionship.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:30 pm
I bet there was a trestle table in there somewhere, Sturgy old boy. There always is.

I don't carry a purse, but I have big pockets and stuff everything in there.

It is quite hard to find things sometimes, but highly enjoyable.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:30 pm
Laughing I bet you're somebody that just can't bear to throw anything out, right?

I wonder if there is a genetic component to this afflication? :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:33 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Well this thread has obviously been taken over by the guys. I'm off the Automotive Korner to find some female companionship.

Well, there's one thing I do know.

I know as much about purses, as I do about cars. Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:34 pm
Reyn wrote:
Laughing I bet you're somebody that just can't bear to throw anything out, right?

I wonder if there is a genetic component to this afflication? :wink:

Who, me? Or Sturgis?

I am an inveterate thrower awayer, unlike my wife. We went through the whole house once, in an effort to thin things out and de-clutter. I kept suggesting things which received a stern "NO!" all the time, and we ended up throwing away one small china dish, slightly cracked.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:34 pm
In my purse? Hm, today I have a little one, but usually
it's a big one carrying wet towels, kleenex, lollipops, game boy,
cd's, play cards and anything else the child desperatly needs
to be content. Cell phone, money, business cards, keys does it for me.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 04:36 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
It is quite hard to find things sometimes, but highly enjoyable.

That's because you've cut a hole into the lining of your right pocket, my good man! Laughing
0 Replies