A2K New Year's Eve Party

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 02:49 pm
In our WDR, yes - but I could 'follow' broadcasts until shortly before midnight on the other 3rd programs
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 02:53 pm
Anybody taking bets as to whether I will be able to stay up until midnight??? Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 03:08 pm
Phoenix: Fifty bucks says you're snoring on the couch by 10:30.

I think I'm going out to a party tonight, but I'm sick, and I'm still debating whether it is worth it. I do feel like I should go, but...I don't know...feeling very indecisive right now....what the hell should I do?

So...what did all of YOU guys do this year!!!???

I like to think about the year that has passed on New Year's Eve, and see what it is that I've actually accomplished, and what it is that's actually transpired in my life. This year had a lot of action...I took my first trip outside the U.S., to Italy, which was gorgeous. Quit the job I hated. Lived my dream of being a bum in NYC for two months. Moved to Queens after deciding to change my mind at the last minute and NOT move out of NYC. Glad I did all these things, but life is a little unstable now.

I'm working on moving back to Manhattan and finding a long-term job situation that I don't hate. These will be my main priorities for this new year.

Plus, I'd like to get laid again. I remember liking it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 03:48 pm
kickycan wrote:
Plus, I'd like to get laid again. I remember liking it.

Perhaps moving from the passive to the active tense will help.

~~~~~~~

Set and I were planning to go out to a Cuban tapas resto a coupla blocks away, but the snow keeps falling and falling and falling ...

so in my grocery hunting earlier I picked up some scallops, smoked salmon and popcorn shrimp to round out the stores

tomorrow I'm going to make my first try at something called "Lamb you can eat with a spoon"

~~~~~~~

what'd I do this year? I have no idea, other than travelling to Manhattan twice, but I was damn busy all the time.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:21 pm
We spent a nice evening at home. Before midnight we will go outside with all of BigDice's ammunition and some champagne. The weather turned out ok - no rain as forecasted and not very cold.

Happy New Year to all of you!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 04:40 pm
Da babies is sick, so we're staying home. Sad

Get out and go Kicky. Do it for the children.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:44 pm
I am going to try to stay up until midnight, five and a half hours from now.
I was going to suggest yall join me in an on-line Scrabble game. But the last time I said that the first response was "I thought we had driven a stake through the heart of that game."

I am thinking, quite seriously, about what Kicky just wrote.

So far: johnboy has resolved to stop writing in the third person;
to think about giving up smoking;
and to be in Chicago on May 6 for the A2K party.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:47 pm
we have a long way to go and I might even nap before then - no party for the Husker this year, except for a2k and the people that tune in at the correct time for them
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 05:58 pm
Okay, dudes, dudettes, and uhhhhmmmm....other people...it's time for the yearly New Year's Eve Keg Stands! Woohoooo! Okay, who's first?!!! Husker? Come on, get over here and do a handstand, duuuude!!! I'll pour! Woohoooo!!! Party!!!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:05 pm
realjohnboy wrote:

I was going to suggest yall join me in an on-line Scrabble game. But the last time I said that the first response was "I thought we had driven a stake through the heart of that game."

One of these days I'll run into you over there rjb... I've always thought it was a lot of fun, but then again I'm one of those people who memorizes the q without u words.

Quote:
So far: johnboy has resolved to stop writing in the third person

Nah, it part of your charm...

I'm planning to quit smoking in January...Good luck to you.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:17 pm
What? No...no keg stands? Nobody? Huh?

Kicky sad...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:37 pm
Well, I'm going to be out the door to another party in a few minutes, so I better get this party started before I go.

Kicky ... you got my feet? I'm feeling a little thirsty.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:38 pm
Here ya go Tico
http://www.ce.utexas.edu/prof/maidment/grad/romanek/photos/reefer1.jpg

Who's next?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:43 pm
It looks like I will be manning the keg here tonight, all my friends are married and are laying low tonight. I might still head out not sure yet.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:48 pm
Thanks, sublime.

Is it my imagination, or do we have Guinness on tap tonight?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:52 pm
hey, look i found outside, gus

he brought us some authentic swamp bathtub gin

http://www.braithwaitesjewellers.co.uk/drunks.JPG
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 06:55 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Thanks, sublime.

Is it my imagination, or do we have Guinness on tap tonight?

Only the best for A2K.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:04 pm
what about the stickboy?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:08 pm
husker wrote:
what about the stickboy?

You can be the first to try Gus's gin.

(sublime steps back and crosses fingers)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 07:13 pm
<steps back even further and crosses self>
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 06:29:36