HDTV lost video signal...HELP!!

CCoop

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 09:33 pm
Confused New to the forum. So I'll try and keep this as simple as possible.

I have a Samsung HGTV (HCL473W). Everything has worked fine until I turned in my HD Cable Box. I unplugged the box, ran up to the Cable office, returned home and reconnected the cable to the coax input. Set up the channel setting for antenna "A", "standard" signal as the cable company said and all I'm getting is audio. The video consists of "noise lines". I've tried disconnecting the TV (overnight). I used a VCR's tuner (hooked up with RCA cables). I even hooked up a digital cable box w/RCA then S-video hook-ups. All of the hook-ups resulted in the same result. I can get audio but not video.

I've changed out the cables and cleaned as many of the connections as I can get to with alcohol. Still no video.

The DVD hooked up thru component 1 works fine. The cable hooked up to another standard TV I brought in, works fine.

I'm confused and hate to call for a repair without having a genaral idea of what might have gone bad. I've spoken to Samsung techs and cable techs more than once, I've even went to several discussion groups and we're all stumped.

If anyone has any suggestions or an idea of what's "broke", I'd certainly appreciate the help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 498 • Replies: 1
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 02:24 pm
I'm gonna guess you hafta reset your antenna input mode from "Cable" to "Antenna" (and reset the set's "Received Channels" list to correspond with the off-the-air signal) ; there should be an onscreen menu page for assigning the proper input format to the set's tuner and programming the channel list - consult the set's documentation.

Naturally, it goes without saying that you hafta provide the set with an adequate off-the-air signal as well; the quality and orientation of your antenna, and the geography between you and the transmitting station are gonna be big factors.
0 Replies