DVD Zones

amadeus

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 10:39 am
How can I see a DVD Zone 2 on my computer here in U.S. ?
I have been told there is a software to allow free zone. Can you help ?
Amadeus
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 769 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 11:21 am
Start>Control Panel>System>"Hardware" tab>"Device Manager" panel>Device Manager>DVD/CD-ROM drives. Locate and select the appropriate device (your DVD-ROM drive); click to highlight it. Right-click on the highlight, select "Properties", select the "DVD Region" tab and set whatever region you want. Note: Pay attention to the warning before playing with this; the 4th change you make is the last one that drive gets; ain't no more, and ain't no going back.

Some DVD-ROMs and DVD players can be hacked, either with software/firmware modifications alone or via hardware modification, or both. Doing so will void any warranty you may have. Your toy, your call, your risk.

DVD-ROM Region Hacks

DVD Player Region Hacks

(Note: No endorsement implied, use at your own risk. Some folks have encountered significant inconvenience, major disappointment, considerable dismay, and additional expense. Enjoy.)
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 12:31 am
timberlandko wrote:
(Note: No endorsement implied, use at your own risk. Some folks have encountered significant inconvenience, major disappointment, considerable dismay, and additional expense. Enjoy.)

I bet that the guy who sold you the gear didn't tell you that it would only play DVD's released for your region/area.Or didn't you know that film companys stagger the release date for all the regions/areas of the world? You have found out the hard way.Due to lack of this info,you didn't check up/read about the product that you eventually bought.
Us guys in Europe were always trying to get the latest blockbuster films released on DVD as soon as possible.They were ALWAYS released in the US first so we had to make sure our DVD players could handle discs from outside our Region.So at great expense,we imported players from your side of the pond.Then,enterprising companys found out how to "chip" players to play ANY dvd from any region.You guys in the States took it for granted that ALL films would be available to you first.How times have changed.Just as an instance,Scrubs(TV),all 3 series released in U.K.(Region 2),weeks befor U.S.(Region 1)......all the Harry Potter films....etc.
Over here,I can pick up a player for £35 ($60) that will play ANY dvd from ANYWHERE in the world.
Tell your friends,befor they part with their money,to ask if the DVD player/DVD drive is MULTI-REGIONDVD Regions/Areas
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2006 02:02 am
Inexpensive region-independent DVD players are widely available, however, the question related to viewing on a PC, using the PC's optical drive; for that, a firmware mod is whatchya need - and results may vary.
0 Replies