Company recalls tainted cat/dog food

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 03:38 am
If you give your pet a Diamond Pet Food product you may want to read this:

17 deaths may be linked to pet food contaminated with fungi

Diamond Pet Food Product Recall Notification
The following Items with best buy date codes between March 1st 2007 and June 10th 2007 with an 11th or 12th digit "G" are not to be sold. These are out of our Gaston Facility only! All customers please stop feeding these items if you are currently.

Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
Diamond Performance Dog Food
Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
Diamond Puppy Food
Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
Diamond Professional Cat Food
Country Value Puppy
Country Value Adult Dog
Country Value High Energy Dog
Country Value Adult Cat Food
Professional Chicken & Rice Senior Dog Food
Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food
Professional Adult Dog Food
Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
Professional Puppy Food
Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
Professional Adult Cat Food

Symptoms of illness include, sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, yellowish tint to the eyes or gums and severe bloody diarrhea. If your pet is experiencing these please consult a veterinarian and keep your product date code.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,527 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 06:38 am
We don't use Diamond products here, but thanks for the notice in any case, roverroad. You never know where it might show up - and I'll mention this to a couple of colleagues.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 06:43 am
roverroad,

Thank you so much for posting this. I was given a bunch of the Professional Adult Cat food recently for my cat shelter. Thank God I haven't fed them any! I am disposing of it first thing in the morning!

Thank you so much!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 07:54 am
MA, maybe you can return it to the company for a refund?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 08:50 am
MommaA, be sure to check the lot numbers on the can -- that is what they are there for.

Quote:
Diamond Pet Food Product Recall Notification
The following Items with best buy date codes between March 1st 2007 and June 10th 2007 with an 11th or 12th digit "G" are not to be sold. These are out of our Gaston Facility only! All customers please stop feeding these items if you are currently.

There isn't any need to throw away food that doesn't have this lot number on it.

I know donations don't grow on trees!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 09:29 am
Thanks for the info rover!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 01:40 pm
Whew! Ok, I checked all the Professional Cat Food I had in stock. None of it matches the lot numbers! I am so glad.

This is food that was given to the community shelters after they closed the Katrina and Rita Natinal Animal Shelters. I was given enough cat food to last the shelter a year. They also gave me 2 tons (literally) of dog food that I distributed to the dog rescuers and animal shelters in the area. It was such a blessing for all.

There is an elderly couple that picks up every dog at the dumpsters they find. I think at last count they had 24. So, they got plenty of food for the dogs. Laughing

Happy Holidays everyone!
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 03:45 pm
Wow, I'm glad the lot numbers don't match. That would have been a bummer if you threw all of that out and it turned out to be the wrong stuff. I'd have been feeling pretty guilty!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 09:00 pm
roverroad,

I am so glad you told me about this. I contacted the animal shelter here and my vet's office. They are going to check their stock too.

I am so grateful that you posted this!
0 Replies