WHO IS THE AVERAGE A2Ker?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:01 pm
Rae, Are you published? I have three friends that have been published. One is a retired professor at Cal Poly, another one lives in Georgia, and he wrote "Live Well, Sleep Well," and a friend I met on the internet now living in Kansas wrote "The Tea and the Samurai." She even gave me credit in the book. Smile <smiles> c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:03 pm
BTW, I also have a friend who's a Journalism professor now teaching at a university in Florida. c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:05 pm
c.i. ~ unknown to me, I was submitted for publication, but thankfully, the publisher asked me for permission, which I declined.

One of these days, maybe.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:08 pm
This reminds me of Garrison Keillor and his description of Lake Woebegon:

Quote:
Where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking and all the children are above-average.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:08 pm
Thanks, c.i. ~ if my Mom reads this post, I'm sure she'll try to dig up my old poetry (ugh).

I write simply for myself these days.

And I'm happy with that. :wink:
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 08:32 pm
They asked if they could publish
and you said no?
[/size]

Speechless.

Must've been wonderful, Rae. Poetry, short story?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 08:35 pm
dumbfounded......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 08:54 pm
Ok, I will be the brave one...hee! A modern sonnet I wrote for my now wife in our courting days, while away at chefs school (and trust me, I think it is maudlin):

To kiss the stars of heaven would not be
So sweet as the taste of dew from your lips,
Sister Luna, my perfect opposite.
You complete the circle that is my soul,
And cause my spirit to dance with the Gods.
Although apart, I cannot bring myself
To mourn, for the air we breathe is the same,
And with each breath I take a part of you
Inside me, and give a part of my soul
To you, and so, we are touching always,
And when we move, we are moving as one,
But two, in an eternal dance of love.
Remember ths simple exchange of breath
As our lover's kiss, our eternal bond.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 08:57 pm
cav--
What a dashing lover!

Mrs. cav is very fortunate. I wish all women were the object of such tender, loving attention.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 08:58 pm
WOW cav, I'm truly impressed. Beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing. c.i.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 09:03 pm
Cav -- both a chef and a sonnet writer? That's great-- very romantic with a nice metaphor of breathing her in. Wow, you're a real-life Renaissance man! Your wife is lucky... Sister Luna? Can you tell the story behind that name?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:11 pm
Im a complete tool and Ive lost so much weight Im hideous to behold, look away. I drool cuz i have no lips and these front teeth are a bitch to floss
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 11:27 pm
farmerman, I know my eyesight ain't all the good, but you have no teeth to floss. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:50 am
I guess you could consider me average, but then, maybe not.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:59 am
Montana, average? Never... Wink
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 11:19 am
What is average? I'm caucasian flesh toned, I'll be 54 in two weeks.

I'm bascically a musical artist who has had all the creativity beaten out of him over the years by running his own company and I don't much like people anymore.

I've semi retired and have set for myself only the goal of calming down and retrieving my creativity, my optimism, and my love of people.

In doing this, I will also accomplish the goal of becoming the person I can be for my family.

I'm a rocker, and unashamed.

I am a bundle of contradictions. I'm a peace lover, I'm anti war and I'd like a peaceful existence. However if you come on my property to harm me or my family, I could kill you with no hesitancy beforehand or guilt after the fact.

I believe in God, I believe in Jesus, but I'm no longer sure exactly what the plan is, and I no longer think we've been given the whole story over the years, and because everything works just as God directs it to, it makes me wonder just what in the world His intentions are towards us.

I can't get enough sex, much to squinneys chagrin.

I am a cynic. A cynic, IMO is an idealist who has been disapointed too often and for too long.

Does that make me average? Confused
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 11:40 am
BPB, World travel will do wonders for your cynicism and hatred of your fellow man. 99.9 percent of the people you meet have a positive outlook on life, and love of their fellow man. Friendships are easy, and some may even become life-long friends. It's a wonderous world out there with many surprises and variety - all positives to retrieve your creative juices. Give it a try; life is too short to be stuck in your present state. My outlook on life always improves with my world travels, and I always look forward to my future travels with excitement and awe. c.i.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 01:01 am
cjhsa wrote:
Montana, average? Never... Wink

I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure since I don't even know what average is. Either way, I should have known I didn't fit in to it. That's ok though, because I don't want to be average ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 01:19 am
Farmerman does TOO have teeth to floss! Huge ones! I ain't getting near 'em.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 01:19 am
Bi-Polar is definitely NOT average ....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 10:26:21