OK - I'm just white nothing else fits.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 02:26 pm
Darn I kept on reading and there;s CJHSA making me LOL
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:05 pm
Maybe I should change my sig to "go outside and scare the average people, or at the very least say hello"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:34 pm
Something strange happened on the way to the forum. I'm Japanese American, and when I was a child, we were considered "minority." Somewhere along the intervening years, we are no longer considered minority. How can that happen? We're not white and we're not minority. I guess we're the invisible race. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:43 pm
I am pretty smegging average, I guess.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:53 pm
dlowan, Is there such a thing as "average?" c.i.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:01 pm
No one at any of the Boston gatherings I've ever been to has discussed prayer, much less suggested it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:13 pm
there is in some things, CI - maths for instance.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:17 pm
I did give prayer a thought at the FL gathering ~ I don't pray before meals (out loud anyway), but thought if anyone wanted to they would say so.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:47 pm
dlowan, I should have known that! I was a bean counter, for crying out loud. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:41 pm
Mapleleaf:

Quote:
Normally, it is rare in Southern communities for someone to not want to pray before a meal.

It is a standing joke in Florida that the most Southern part of Florida is the Northern part of Florida. The Florida Panhandle is probably the only bastion of the old South in the state.

There are more "natives" in the panhandle, and life there is more like the other southern states. In other parts of Florida, people are from all over the country, so the culture is quite different.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 05:53 pm
Hmmm.
I see lots of folks have commented the part of of my answer that included religion.

I remembered the poll we had on it, (Theist or Atheist) and if memory serves, a pretty healthy majority of respondants answered atheist. So, obviously, I felt this was a good indicator of one more average.

I am not an average A2Ker, prescribing to steissd 'd spiritual views.

Wouldn't a declaration of some of these areas be interesting.... Who is an artist/writer/vocalist? Years of education? Income? If it could be anonymous to protect privacy and promote enhanced truthfulness? (I might want to lie!!)

I was going to say White, as well, but I realized I didn't really know race of members.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:28 pm
Sophia, It's already anonymous - even to me 99 percent of the time. Smile c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:31 pm
Ahem......only cuz I love ya, Sofia.....

White, 37, 34K income, high school education, believe in God (but not organised religion) and I do love to write, but not publicly. (At least not writings that I keep to myself.)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:44 pm
OH SWEETIE!

I didn't mean divulge on the board. I was thinking about a poll, where we don't know who says what.

Just to get a definable answer to the thread question.

I wouldn't ask everybody to lay it all out under their nic.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

<But you be da sweetie pie>

I had a couple of Erma Bombeck type articles published in the teeny, tiny hometown newspaper. Wrote a novel that was pink slipped. Stopped writing for pleasure after that.

Your writings? Musings? Journal type?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:46 pm
PS, Rae---- Can I hold a couple o' hundred?

heehee

She works hard for the money,
So hard for it, honey.
She works hard for the money,
so you better treat her right!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:47 pm
Anything for you, Sofia..... Laughing
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:48 pm
My 'writings' would be poetry, erotic stories and journals.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:52 pm
Erotic stories... You knew I wouldn't be able to pass that up!

I also interwove some spicy love in my story.

Think you may ever share an excerpt????? Cool
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 06:55 pm
lol....you're right! I knew you wouldn't be able to pass it up.

Fact is, I do write erotic stories, and no (lol) I will not share them on this board!

Maybe someday!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 12:32:58