Couple claims world's largest family

twang99

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:24 pm
@Reyn,
there are a number of larger families in ireland the largest being as far as i know twenty one in county wexford
Reyn

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:55 pm
@twang99,
Well, can anybody beat that? Huh?

Going, once, twice...
0 Replies

zenovice

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 09:44 pm
@shewolfnm,
The Duggar family, located in Tontitown, Arkansas, just gave birth to their 20th child. Discovery Health Channel has a reality show starring this family.
Reyn

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 10:14 pm
@zenovice,
Thanks for letting us know.
0 Replies

Jnkbortka

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:30 pm
@msolga,
Thats bullshit! I am the oldest of 6, and I love it! Yes there is sometimes stress and hard times, but being in a family even with no kids isn't all fun and games either, is it? Although I can see how you don't like these particular people, depending on welfare and all.
And above, someone said you'd need to make a million dollars a year to support a family that size. That's also not true if you know how to save money.
Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:46 pm
@Jnkbortka,
While I appreciate all opinions, I really don't want swearing in my thread, please.

This is your first post on this site. Not a great way to introduce yourself.

However, welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:18 pm
@Jnkbortka,

I grew up in a family nearly double the size of yours and strongly disagree with you. Sure, it wasn't miserable or anything but I was a child taking care of children as early as I can remember and with that many kids things like paying for college becomes much more challenging.

I don't think it's invariably wrong to have that many kids, but there's no denying that it stretches resources (parenting time, money).

Depending on the culture children are seen as an investment or a cost. In cultures where retirement consists of being taken care of by your children parents often have more children. In cultures where parents are expected to take care of their kids (in terms of higher education especially) they are seen as more of a liability.

It can be ugly to think of children that way. My parents certainly did, considering each a "blessing from God" but the bottom line is that kids do require resources and the more you have the less there may be to go around.
0 Replies

Gundy1234

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 02:49 am
My dad is one of 20 siblings in Co. Waterford
0 Replies