The Beatles.

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 12:52 am
His oooey gooeyness was checked by John's acerbicness. But beyond that Lovely Rita, Hey Bulldog, Rain, You Never Give Your Money are songs that put Paul in good stead.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 12:54 am
I've always wanted a list of who wrote which songs....
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 12:59 am
I've got a book somewhere. Let me know when you're headed over and I'll dig it out.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 01:00 am
pfft
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 01:39 am
There was a big TV programme broadcast here last night, wherein Paul McCartney gave a demonstration to an invited audience at Abbey Road Studios, London, of songwriting and recording techniques and performed some songs old and new. Also reminisced about his career and his life, from pre-Beatles to the present day.

During this, he used the old recording equipment and some instruments (e.g. mellotron) which EMI and producer George Martin had used in the 1960s to make the Beatles recordings.

I saw some of it, and recorded it for later. Very good.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 08:38 am
littlek wrote:
pfft

is that short for pfftopm? People For the Fair Treatment of Paul McCartney?

McT- what channel was that show on?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2005 09:25 am
BlaiseDaley wrote:

McT- what channel was that show on?

BBC 2
Quote:
Paul McCartney...
Sat 17 Dec, 10:30 pm - 11:30 pm 60mins

...Chaos and Creation at Abbey Road

Paul McCartney returns to Studio 2 at Abbey Road, the room where all The Beatles records were made, for an intimate journey through his songwriting history, from his very first Beatles song to the work on his new album Chaos and Creation in the Backyard.

Aided and abetted by producer Nigel Godrich, and using a selection of vintage instruments from his own collection (including the bass played by Bill Black on Elvis Presley's original recording of Heartbreak Hotel and the Mellotron and mixing desk used by the Beatles), Paul re-visits his back catalogue in new and revealing ways in front of an audience of just 64 people, including wife Heather, Fran Healy from Travis and Guy Chambers.

Paul re-interprets old songs, reveals new ones, plays some great cover versions and enlists the audience's help in a demonstration of 'in the moment' songwriting and arranging.

He also shows how BBC Radio 2 inspired this particular burst of creativity by re-creating the ground breaking Find a Different Perspective television advert of Band on the Run.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 12:17 pm
littlek wrote:
Quote:
I've always wanted a list of who wrote which songs....

There's an easy way to tell. Usually, whoever wrote the song was also the lead singer on it, e.g, Lennon was the lead singer on Strawberry Fields, McCartney was the lead singer on Yesterday, Harrison was the lead singer on Something.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:45 pm
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5760/clipboard14em.jpg
0 Replies