Toilet seats that rinse and warm people's bottoms

Gargamel

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 10:18 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I don't know whether automatic toilets exist in the USA.....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/auto_toilet.jpg

.......but they do in the UK. These things are a self contained metal structure, placed in the high street, and are automatically self cleaning when the user has gone. As the door closes after the person has made their exit, sprayers start up inside, making it nice and shiny for the next person. They usually cost about ten pence to use, and you put your money in a slot outside, which releases the locking mechanism on the door. Gentle music is played whilst one is in there, in order to make the crap as stress free as possible.

The only trouble is, young rascals soon worked out that, if they put ten pence in the slot and opened the door, and then slowly closed it until it appeared shut, but wasn't......the next person (no doubt desparate for a poo) would pay their money and think that THEY had released the door, go in, close the door behind them and immediately start the cubcle cleaning cycle, as it thinks that the previous user has just exited.

Passers by would hear Handels water music gently wafting from the unit, accompanied by shrieks and screams of a person trying to dodge multiple jets of foamy water...........

I can't believe I'm about to tell y'all the following story.

I was 20 years old, wandering about Paris by myself. I took a train to Versailles, and by the time it arrived, I had to take a serious piss. I saw the magical machine pictured in Ellpus' post.

Clever American that I was and still am, I thought I'd totally "fukk the system" and grab the door as the person before me was leaving, so that it wouldn't lock, and so I wouldn't have to PAY TO PISS. Or maybe I even had to lay a deuce, I can't quite remember.

Mind you, I'd never seen one of these contraptions before. I thought it would be like the "Port-o-lets" they got over here, in which piles of **** simply fester for eternity. No automatic cleaning system.

I do, however, remember after a split second of feeling pretty satisfied at my ingenuity, the lights suddenly going out. I knew something seriously wrong and French was about to happen. Water started spraying from the walls, sort of a fine mist. The door was locked. I panicked. I thought, "Great, I'm fukkin trapped in a port-o-potty at Versailles. Never mind the hall of mirrors, Lous XIV's extravagant gardens, wait 'til I tell mom about the first-rate shitters!"

Fortunately the thing unlocks once it's done cleaning. Fortunately it was only a fine mist, so I wasn't soaked. But, boy, I no longer relatiate when a Parisian stereotype smirks and mutters under his breath as he passes, "Stupid American."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 10:30 am
I went out this weekend and they had this contraption on the toilet seat....when you pushed the button it automatically rotated a clean plastic covering around the toilet seat. Instead of the paper do-hickies, they now have automatic plastic. Don't know how much I trust those...do they just have the same piece of plastic going round and round while you are thinking it's a clean piece?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 12:59 pm
Gargamel, you have made me have the best giggle I've had all day.

Can you remember what music was playing?

If I was the Frenchie holding the door open for you, I would sit somewhere nearby and wait to see what emerged.

Marvellous!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:06 pm
I don't remember exactly, but in my reconstruction I hear a menacing techno beat and Alfred Hitchcock style violin.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
****, we have those -- had never even thought of trying that!

Lord Ellpus wrote:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/auto_toilet.jpg

.......but they do in the UK. These things are a self contained metal structure, placed in the high street, and are automatically self cleaning when the user has gone. As the door closes after the person has made their exit, sprayers start up inside, making it nice and shiny for the next person. They usually cost about ten pence to use, and you put your money in a slot outside, which releases the locking mechanism on the door. Gentle music is played whilst one is in there, in order to make the crap as stress free as possible.

The only trouble is, young rascals soon worked out that, if they put ten pence in the slot and opened the door, and then slowly closed it until it appeared shut, but wasn't......the next person (no doubt desparate for a poo) would pay their money and think that THEY had released the door, go in, close the door behind them and immediately start the cubcle cleaning cycle, as it thinks that the previous user has just exited.

Passers by would hear Handels water music gently wafting from the unit, accompanied by shrieks and screams of a person trying to dodge multiple jets of foamy water...........
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 09:42 pm
Gargamel wrote:
I can't believe I'm about to tell y'all the following story.

I can't believe you did either, but it was funny as hell! Laughing

I hope it was in the summer time so you dried off quickly!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 09:51 pm
Garg, wa sit just water? No cleaners? If so, you won't catch me using one of those suckers unless it's an emergency.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:16 am
We actually have one of those toilets featured on the first page and in the article, my uncle is quadriplegic, and my grandparents are his sole carers, therefore this really helps them out, as they do everything for him. Very very good.

You sit on the toilet, when you have finished, you press a button (or have a timer set), and the spray unit appears from the toilet bowl and cleans you, after 2 minutes, the spray unit retracts and then the air comes on and acts as a dryer.

I've never actually used it as I mainly live upstairs, but I've seen it working through the see through top. Very powerful, and extremely handy for anyone with a disability which means they may have trouble with going to the toilet.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:19 am
littlek wrote:
Garg, wa sit just water? No cleaners? If so, you won't catch me using one of those suckers unless it's an emergency.

Who knows. And to think what kind of chemicals I must have been exposed to BEFORE I made such brilliant decision.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:49 am
I just orderd my after market 'Turbo Jet'. I might soup it up myself..... you know, Hot rod it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:53 am
I went to a friends house after new year celebrations and used their loo.
No handle to flush, I eventually worked out that the very stylish silver discs above the encased cistern were the 'flush buttons', there were 2 different sized buttons, why, I will never know.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 03:30 am
material girl wrote:
I went to a friends house after new year celebrations and used their loo.
No handle to flush, I eventually worked out that the very stylish silver discs above the encased cistern were the 'flush buttons', there were 2 different sized buttons, why, I will never know.

One (the smaller) is for a female evacuation. The other (larger) is for a visit of the male variety after a large Chicken Bombay Murg Masala and several pints of Old 'Ard.

I believe the larger button includes a turbo thrusted flush plunger.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 09:22:44