First Tattoo at 30?

Wilso

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 04:33 pm
Eva wrote:
You are so BAD, Tico! Laughing

I don't like them on anyone, male or female.

I wonder if what Wilso wrote is true? I'm going to google that. As a cancer survivor, I am quite concerned about the health of lymph nodes.

The information I've got comes from a book called "The Living Body". It's part of the "Family Health Library". Published by "The Leisure Circle Limited, York House, Empire Way, Wembly, Middlesex".
The series consultant is a Dr Arthur W. Boylston MD, St. Mary's Hospital Medical School, London.

The exact wording is Tattooing is done with insoluble colouring matter. This is nonetheless gradually absorbed by the lymphatic system and finishes up in the lymph glands, which act as filtering organs. They accumulate, and the lymph glands of tattooed people eventually become black.

If someone has a reputable source to discredit the claim, I won't complain, but I haven't seen anything as yet.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 04:37 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Women generally have better tolerance for pain than men, kiwichic, and my particular life experience with needles (for medical reasons) make my tolerances particularly good - and, yes, it was ticklish at times.

...suppose it depends on how much work was done, he said his got tender underneath the upper arms, the work he had done was pretty horrendous
as most of the lines are 4 cm in width
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 04:57 pm
ehBeth, are you a natural redhead?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 04:57 pm
I got my first one when I as 31, the second one when I was 35 and the third one for my 40th birthday. After 12 years, the first tattoo has become a natural part of my body to me. I don't look at myself in the mirror and think 'Ah, there's a tattoo.' It belongs to me - just like my freckles.

I don't care if people think it is stupid or weird to get tattoos. That's the way I am. With tattoos... I have no regrets. (And most likely, I will get another one - but now it's my husbands turn again...)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 05:21 pm
Wilso wrote:
Eva wrote:
You are so BAD, Tico! Laughing

I don't like them on anyone, male or female.

I wonder if what Wilso wrote is true? I'm going to google that. As a cancer survivor, I am quite concerned about the health of lymph nodes.

The information I've got comes from a book called "The Living Body". It's part of the "Family Health Library". Published by "The Leisure Circle Limited, York House, Empire Way, Wembly, Middlesex".
The series consultant is a Dr Arthur W. Boylston MD, St. Mary's Hospital Medical School, London.

The exact wording is Tattooing is done with insoluble colouring matter. This is nonetheless gradually absorbed by the lymphatic system and finishes up in the lymph glands, which act as filtering organs. They accumulate, and the lymph glands of tattooed people eventually become black.

If someone has a reputable source to discredit the claim, I won't complain, but I haven't seen anything as yet.

Whoa!

That CAN'T be good. Can it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 06:59 pm
Wilso wrote:

Not disputing that the colour can migrate.

The point is that there is no evidence that this is any kind of problem, other than causing a false positive reading for docs looking for malignant melanoma.

The reference I posted earlier was from a Dermatologist Surgery publication in 1996. It was linked at
Quote:
Entrez is the integrated, text-based search and retrieval system used at NCBI for the major databases, including PubMed, Nucleotide and Protein Sequences, Protein Structures, Complete Genomes, Taxonomy, and others.

~~~~~~

soz - sorta
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 08:38 pm
I hate the buggers,but it's your body,so................
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:00 pm
i don't even know what color my lymph nodes are
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:20 pm
Look at your tattoos and you will know.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:37 pm
(The redhead thing was from something I read today that redheads have about 25% higher tolerance for pain than non-redheads, something about the gene that causes the red hair also doing something good about pain tolerance. But I'm catching up on about 6 days' worth of reading so hard to say where I saw it.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:52 pm
So, the sorta is - I have cousins with copper penny coloured hair.
Next to them I barely count as being a natural redhead - but when I mess around with my hair colour - I'm always told that my natural base is a red colour - trying to go ash turns my hair green Shocked

<life lesson - do not try to dye naturally reddish hair any kind of ash tone without professional advice>
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:01 pm
I got my first and only tat when I was 21. I wanted it for a long time and waited a year to make sure I reallly wanted it. It was done on my spine. Hurts, yes. But it's no worse than a lot of things. I recall having a good time and laughing halfway through.

I love my tat. It is a part of me now; and I don't regret it. I totally agree with spending some good time and energy finding a CLEAN and talented shop/artist to have it done at. Make sure the buggers are up to code etc.

Same goes for piercings. I highly recommend professionals and always using needles, even for ears.

EhBeth, you must be pretty tough. Very Happy Ticklish?! I wish! Maybe once I experience childbirth I'll think differently!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:48 am
flushd wrote:

EhBeth, you must be pretty tough. Very Happy Ticklish?! I wish! Maybe once I experience childbirth I'll think differently!

My ankle tickeled.

My lower back made my face red.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:17 am
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/03/B2/plantstraveldogsandpix/1/4.jpg

right where the spiral ends on the left - and where the bottom of the dragonfly wings are ... that tickled ... it's right at the top side of my hip there

there was a similar spot on the side curve of my foot - must be lots of extra nerve endings near body curves
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 08:51 am
I'm going to get a refrigerator on my back.

When people say, "why do you have a refrigerator tattoo," I can reply, "I like refrigerators. They hold beer."
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:56:21