First Tattoo at 30?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:36 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
BVT- I am not the least bit constipated. In fact, I like to think of myself as pretty "cool", (for an old broad Laughing ). In fact, years ago, I nearly got a tattoo. I wanted a small rose at the back of my ankle. I am soooo glad that I chickened out at the last minute!

Your statement and the other statements were quite different. You are more of a "to each his own" kinda gal.

The others were more like "you stupid f*ck".

ditto
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:38 am
Quote:
Your statement and the other statements were quite different. You are more of a "to each his own" kinda gal.

Bella Dea - Thanks. I think that I have that attitude about just about everything.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:38 am
I do want to add though, that there is a chance of being allergic to the ink, getting a bad job done or catching something from an unhygenic artist (unlikly if you go to a reputable place, but possible).

This is permanent so choose the place and the design wisely. But it's your body and if you want to do it, go ahead and do it! This shell is temporary anyway.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:44 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I do want to add though, that there is a chance of being allergic to the ink, getting a bad job done or catching something from an unhygenic artist (unlikly if you go to a reputable place, but possible).

This is permanent so choose the place and the design wisely. But it's your body and if you want to do it, go ahead and do it! This shell is temporary anyway.

Life is full of risk, then you die.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:47 am
True Steve, but I just wanted to make the points. Some people are gamblers, some are not.

I wasn't worried about any of those things. My mom flipped out and worried about them all.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:49 am
If you're going to get a tat, you really should get something classic .... like Calvin, from Calvin & Hobbs, peeing on something ... like you see on those stickers on the back of pickup truck windows.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:53 am
Have you noticed how things always change though, in terms of what is good and what is bad for you. I don't question your fears, I imagine you're right. My point is that with health for an example, things we believed were good, turn out either wrong, or bad. Now they tell us all that fibre they have told us to eat really doesn't avoid cancer like they've been telling us. Life is a onetime shot, and we need to live it to the fullest. One day you'll turn around, and bingo, you're dead!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:57 am
You are so BAD, Tico! Laughing

I don't like them on anyone, male or female.

I wonder if what Wilso wrote is true? I'm going to google that. As a cancer survivor, I am quite concerned about the health of lymph nodes.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:51 am
Whatever you do, don't get a phrase that was
translated into Latin by some guy on A2K.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:58 am
One of my brother's-in-law has been working for nearly 40 years and who-knows-how-much money on a classic Japanese full-body tatoo; dragons and lions and tigers and mountains and waves and bears and all that, oh my .... seems like an otherwise pretty-much normal guy. Good provider, great dad, church-going fella, real active in his kids' schools and his community, non-smoker, not even much for drinking - he'll have a glass of wine once in a while, but thats about it. In long sleeves and slacks, he doesn't appear to be any different than anyone else.

Well, he does like cats, but other than that, I can't think of anything wierd about him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:01 am
timberlandko wrote:
One of my brother's-in-law has been working for nearly 40 years and who-knows-how-much money on a classic Japanese full-body tatoo; dragons and lions and tigers and mountains and waves and bears and all that, oh my .... seems like an otherwise pretty-much normal guy. Good provider, great dad, church-going fella, real active in his kids' schools and his community, non-smoker, not even much for drinking - he'll have a glass of wine once in a while, but thats about it. In long sleeves and slacks, he doesn't appear to be any different than anyone else.

Well, he does like cats, but other than that, I can't think of anything wierd about him.

I was thinking your brother-in-law was a really cool guy until you got to that cat part.....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:02 am
if i get another tatoo...

im going to get a quote from Futurist..
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:33 am
I think I'll get a picture of Bush tatooed on my ass!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:59 am
Now Stevepax, do you really want someone you love to have to look at that for the rest of their life? Seems cruel.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:04 pm
Yea, I guess you're right. I'll forego that one then Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:13 pm
I wish I'd started with them much earlier.

People kept saying I'd get older and think it was a stupid thing I'd done when I was younger. pfffffffffft to every last one of those people who said that to me. I knew I wanted ink 30+ years ago - and I'll still want it in 30 years.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:18 pm
ehBeth, You betcha! Maybe I'll make my next one a redwood tree! Are you still wildly clicking??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:29 pm
Clicking wildly and reading some of the most Shocked stories

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1718466#1718466
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 12:56 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Clicking wildly and reading some of the most Shocked stories

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1718466#1718466

Holy ****! Yea, I remember VietNam well!
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 02:53 pm
If you want a tattoo go and get one!!
...tribal art whether it be Celtic or South Pacific, is very fashionable these days, plus its also something that wont date.....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:18:06