What did you play with?

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:27 pm
I am never ever funny.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:29 pm
Well, what was the meaning of your question? Were you surprised that I unmasked Paula or were you saying that in a facetious manner?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:29 pm
And you are funny at times.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:31 pm
Excuse me, but this thread is for people who want to share their toys.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:33 pm
http://www.toy-soldiers-etc.com/aloosecommandos.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:34 pm
I especially like#5. He looks so triumphant and happy.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:39 pm
is #6 carrying a dildo
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:41 pm
That is a rectal probe. Used for extracting information from the unwilling.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:42 pm
My grandfather always bought me porcelain dolls

http://www.es-handel.de/images/medium/11020082.jpg

(gustav, I was just surprised)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:42 pm
that would explain the stances of most of the other figures
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:44 pm
Thank you, Jane, for clearing that up.

I feel bad about cluttering up Green Witch's thread. I really do.

But sometimes.... I...I just get out of control. I can't stop myself.

I'm sorry, GW. I will leave now.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:46 pm
No bad feelings here. I also thought Stray Cat had a similar beat to Paula/Turtlette.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:48 pm
I'm worried about #7 Guy. You just know when the others soldiers are sitting around having a beer, they're making fun of "the light green guy."
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:51 pm
Were your ears ringing Stray Cat? We've been gossiping.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:54 pm
I was afraid to ask who Paula/Turtlette was.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:03 pm
I'm in Edgar's generation--Roy Rogers, cap pistols. I had one doll that i really loved, but I much preferred cars and building roads and bridges.

Since we didn't have much money, I was usually outside playing hide and seek, climbing trees or we were racing around pretending to be horses.

My sons liked action figures and books and, ugh, that character that changed into a green monster-like thing. One of theirs that I enjoyed was the one that could be stretched into weird positions. Hm...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:19 pm
I liked to play with legos. I'd build a whole city then as God of that city I would wipe it away with a sweep of my hand. It was glorious!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 09:39 pm
Once I was given a red wagon for my birthday. Less than a month later, my oldest brother was given a silver one. That left my next brother the old rusty one with no rubber on the wheels. For a time they were our most popular toys. I have no idea what kind of games we played, but I remember doing a lot of running with them. My older brother was pretty handy. He made up some carts, using 2x4s and any kind of discarded wheels he could find. We lived in the foothills near Milpetas California, and they were perfect for coasting down the street to the mail box, perhaps half a mile away, I'm not sure. It worth the trip back. Another thing we played with was a piece of corrugated metal. We bent it back lika sled runner and coasted down the grassy hills on it. We suffered lots of cuts, but we didn't mind.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:40 pm
I had a Davy Crocket coonskin cap and flintlock that my parents bought on a trip to the U.S. Roy Rogers cap pistols and holster were also a part of my childhood. Dinky cars and O gauge electric train were also prized items.

We used to go to the back of the movie theatre where they tossed the old display posters. We made shields from the material and fashioned swords from pieces of wood. We had some mighty bloody battles with those swords. I still carry a scar on my head from one of the battles. Great fun though.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:50 pm
During the war years (WWII) metal, rubber and many other things were rationed (there was no plastic yet). My dad bought my brothers and me guns with holsters. The guns were made of painted compressed sawdust and the holsters of cardboard. We ran outside for a shoot-out, but when we yanked our guns out of the holsters the barrels broke off. Being the adaptable kids that we were, we just changed the game from cowboys with six-shooters to detectives with snub-nosed revolvers. That seems like yesterday.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:29:12