Clip-On Hair

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:28 pm
Please don't be offended if you engage in this bizarre ritual but what the hell is up with clipping a ponytail of fake hair to your head? It looks obviously fake and even more so if you come in the next day and your hair is 5 inches longer than it was yesterday.

There is an other wise impeccably groomed woman here in the office who wears a freakin' ponytail clipped to the back of her head...every day. I didn't have to ask her if it was because it was so obviously one.

I can see the draw for "plumping up" the hair on a special occasion if you spend the money for a good, matching piece. But every day? I just want to run up behind her and yank it off. Stupid piece of fake hair.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,696 • Replies: 53
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:32 pm
She probably does not like to spend a lot of time on her hair. With the ponytail, she can just pull it back..............no muss, no fuss. Some people have no idea as to how they look with cheap hair pieces. Have you seen some of those guys on TV, with a "rug" that you can spot, yards away from the TV.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:34 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
She probably does not like to spend a lot of time on her hair. With the ponytail, she can just pull it back..............no muss, no fuss. Some people have no idea as to how they look with cheap hair pieces. Have you seen some of those guys on TV, with a "rug" that you can spot, yards away from the TV.

So then, if she wants a ponytail, GROW IT OUT. Laughing She is otherwise a nice looking woman. Nicely dressed and clean in appearance. Just that freaking hair piece....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:37 pm
Bella Dea- What is it that bothers you so much about it? Personally, I would not care one way or the other.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
Ooh that makes me chuckle as I remember a co-worker of mine who was washing her hands in the bathroom as I entered. I was walking past and spotted a hairy rat in front of the vanity mirror. I screamed and bashed it with my bag, only to have her tell me it was her hairpiece! She picked it up and showed it to me and I was mesmerized by it. I asked her why she wore it and she told me she was embarrased by thinning hair. I didn't think she had any problem with her hair (sans hairpiece) but to each their own! I wouldn't wear a piece unless my hair started to fall out in clumps and I had bald patches.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:41 pm
During the 70's, there was a time when many women wore wigs. It was a fad, and in those years the wigs were hot as hell.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:48 pm
Some people also have alopcia, which is what I have... where you could wake up one morning and be missing a huge clump of hair, anywhere on your body... so maybe she has that and is missing hair in the area..

I remember when I was in high school when it started happening... First half of one of my eyebrows fell out.... and I woke up and was like wtf... did someone shave it off??

It grew back in within the next 6 months, but everyone made comments... and the second that one grew in, the other fell out in some area... so I decided to color it in so nobody would say anything...

Last year it spread to my head and I lost a patch at the bottom of the back of my head, only noticeable if I had my hair pulled up high on my head, but I was still very insecure about it... and it is still growing in now...

I know I could wake up 2morrow and look in the mirror and have a huge bald spot on the top of my head, but so far I have been really lucky.... and i lost all the little hairs on the back of my neck and most have not grow back and they may never grow back... if only i could lose my leg hair
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:50 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Bella Dea- What is it that bothers you so much about it? Personally, I would not care one way or the other.

I don't know. It's maddening! I really can't say but every time I see it I want to pull it off. Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:51 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
Some people also have alopcia, which is what I have... where you could wake up one morning and be missing a huge clump of hair, anywhere on your body... so maybe she has that and is missing hair in the area..

Shocked Had no idea such a thing existed.

Now, I feel so ashamed...... Embarrassed
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:52 pm
That's how I feel about bad toupees.

Sheesh. Being bald is better than wearing a bad wig.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:54 pm
Don't feel ashamed... alot of people don't know about it ...

here is the website that explains it
www.naaf.org

Some have it worse than others though
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:55 pm
When professionally done they look great, if not- they just look look sad. I knew a woman for years who wore one and I didn't know until she told me. The most natural look is a hair weave, but they are time consuming and expensive, so I guess the fake piece is a second choice.

I think many women (and men) never look at the back of their head a mirror. From the front this woman may think she looks great, but if she got a good look at herself from the back she would let Bella pull it off.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:58 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
... if only i could lose my leg hair

Be careful what you wish for - you start losing leg and pubic hair when you go through peri-menopause.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:00 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
... if only i could lose my leg hair

Be careful what you wish for - you start losing leg and pubic hair when you go through peri-menopause.

do you really! Well I have a long way to go until then, but I guess it has a positive side, I for one hate shaving.... but I do it.... But I am not looking forward to menopause
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:02 pm
Green Witch wrote:

I think many women (and men) never look at the back of their head a mirror. From the front this woman may think she looks great, but if she got a good look at herself from the back she would let Bella pull it off.

This could also be true. I always look at the back of my head. I need to be 360 degrees of hot any where I go.

Ok. Now I don't feel so bad because maybe she's just dumb. Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:03 pm
You could bake cookies.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:04 pm
DrewDad wrote:
You could bake cookies.

And I do. Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:07 pm
I want one of those baseball hats with a big blond ponytail sticking out the back. Way cool, especially worn backwards.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:12 pm
Haha, its funny the little things we notice around us on a day to day thing. I don't blame you for wanting to pull it off, I would be soo tempted myself. I say quit looking at it and try to forget about it. If you don't, it will keep irritating you and irritating you and pretty soon other things about her will irritate you.....lol...to the point you might just rip it off...lol.....

Maybe you could ask her about it sometime....get her really hammered so she won't remember the conversation......lol....i dunno, its funny anyway.....Good luck with it!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 03:13 pm
Leave a "pin the tail on the donkey" game in her cube.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Clip-On Hair
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:48:00