I hate myself for lovin' you.

George

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:16 am
My alter-ego is a <blush> dancer: smooth, slim, and supple.
(In reality I dance like a cow on ice.) Whenever I hear a song
with a strong beat, I wanna put on ma-ma-ma boogie shoes!

Dorkier yet, back in the seventies, I actually took disco dance
lessons at "Joy of Movement" (it's actual name - I kid thee not)
in Cambridge. Never quite got it; I was a disgrace to my polyester.
The height of my achievement was to actually execute a spin
without losing my balance.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:25 am
I'm going to have to sneak in to Mr. B's computer to watch Thomas' link! I like low humor too.

I think that Ok Go video is all one take which makes it pretty cool - especially in the age of the quick edit. I like the song too but really that dance is dorky.

George at "Joy of Movement"! That would be something to see. My brother, all 6'4" of him also took disco classes back in the 70s. He took ballroom dance classes a few years ago to. He really loves his lovely wife who loves to dance.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:43 am
Bella Dea wrote:
boomerang wrote:
You can see my new favorite thing here: http://www.okgo.net/

Click on "A Million Ways" dance.

This should prove me to be the Queen of Dorks.

Although there are some true contenders on this thread.....

I think that the guys in the band are far more dorkie than you.

I like the song.

I also liked the song. Now I want to hear it (and see the dance) at the next Bar or Bat Mitzvah I get dragged to. Anything is better than the dang Cotton-Eyed Joe. Ugh.

Oh, dorkiness, yeah, I sing to the CD or radio, Walk Like an Egyptian plus also things like U Can't Touch This and Snow's Informer, as I fancy I can rap. Yes, I'm a middle-aged Jewish white woman living in New England. I am so down with that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:46 am
George wrote:
(In reality I dance like a cow on ice.)

Have you ever seen a Holstein cow run? That's me, that's why I avoid running at all costs.

All 4 limbs whirling in different directions, eyes bulging, tongue flopping out of the side of the mouth, foamng, getting about 50 feet and tripping.

There's just too much going on.

Acutally, I'm a glider, skating, sking, elliptical. Then, I poetry in motion.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:52 am
Chai Tea wrote:
...Acutally, I'm a glider, skating, sking, elliptical. Then, I poetry in motion.

"Poetry in motion" on an elliptical? No mean feat!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:56 am
So many embarrassing moments and so little space to list them all...

Sure there is the ever popular sing to the tune (my neighbors object strenuously so I usually just lip-synch), making weird faces in the mirror, talking to myself while walking down an aisle in a store...maybe that's just insanity...
I imitate voices of various people while alone in the privacy of my own home mostly; occasionally in public...
I re-arrange everything on tables in restaurants and counters in diners (may be a touch compulsive there)...
When preparing to give a tip I turn to the side and start to vocalize the calculations for the tip...

I'll have to watch myself for a few days to figure out just what it is I do which might be somehow odd.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 09:05 am
I make obscure movie quotes. SF and Monty Python, mostly. The wife just looks, rolls eyes,
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 09:17 am
Heh. Sturgis, it is true that we don't often view our own behavior as odd or dorkish -- it is only when someone reacts to our behavior that we take stock of it.

I get stuck on specific movie quotes and use them over and over and over til everyone around me goes insane. Lately it has been my favorite line from "Animal House": "You screwed up. You trusted us."

It just seems to apply to so many things these days.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" is another.

I make Mr. B insane by singing snippets of songs out of nowhere. He nearly killed me over "I Want Candy" (BowWowWow) the other day because it got stuck in his head and he couldn't quit singing it himself which made all the shop guys laugh at him.

Soz claims to be the worst singer but Mo says my singing "makes his eyeballs crack".
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 09:20 am
"I'm crazy spaghetti-head, give me some candy!"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 10:59 pm
Okay.

Mo and I are in Fred Meyer today. Fred Meyer is a local grocery/weird stuff store. I guess it is like the PNW Wal-mart or something.

Milk and crampons.

I dunno.

I'm looking for a tortillia press so my tortillas won't be retarded anymore (see intial post).

One of the display lighted in the cooking section is flickering...

... it is way, way too strobish....

..... I bust into "Super Freak"...

... I'm dancing!...

.... I'm trying to get Mo into the grove but he's just saying that I'm "making his eyeballs crack".

I don't think this poor child will ever survive me.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:16 pm
boomerang wrote:
Okay.

Mo and I are in Fred Meyer today. Fred Meyer is a local grocery/weird stuff store. I guess it is like the PNW Wal-mart or something.

I'm looking for a tortillia press so my tortillas won't be retarded anymore (see intial post).

One of the display lighted in the cooking section is flickering...

... it is way, way too strobish....

..... I bust into "Super Freak"...

... I'm dancing!...

Perhaps the store had a video camera...oh what I wouldn't give to see that moment.

As to dorky and odd I got past that a while back, I know I'm strange and let other people know it as well.

Well, usually... a few years ago the Senior Class was video taping around the school and caught me and another teacher singing and dancing to Britney Spears, Hit me baby one more time. I forgot it about rather fast, Ted didn't and then in May the tape began to roll in front of the entire snickering senior class. Ted never did manage to explain it to his wife, who is also a teacher at the school, I was lucky and finally retired but it's still talked about and for a laugh up until at least this past year at least, that clip is edited into every Senior Day film in the section of 'Our Beloved Educators'.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:22 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I make obscure movie quotes. SF and Monty Python, mostly. The wife just looks, rolls eyes,

You mean your wife is a ... goer? Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:17 pm
I think "what's your vector, victor" and "don't call me shirley" are funny. And I snort when I laugh at them.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 07:42 am
Oh, movie quotes. And TV, too. Many, many, damn, we say 'em all the time.

When waking up, "My hair!" - from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
When hearing an unfamiliar name, "An astronaut named Gus?" - from The Right Stuff.
When talking about wasting time, "Seven years of college down the drain! I shoulda joined the Peace Corps!" - from Animal House.
When bored, "Oh, I wish I were a llama in a great big llama world." - from Jimmy Neutron (this is sung, BTW).
When in trouble, "This can't be happening!" - from Courage the Cowardly Dog.
When accepting something nice, "Today-ay-ay-ay, I consider-sider-sider myself the luckiest-uckiest-uckiest man-man-man on the face of the earth-earth-earth." - from Pride of the Yankees. etc etc etc

Since my mother is actually named Shirley, the "Don't call me Shirley" quote really cracks us up.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:32:34