I hate myself for lovin' you.

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:07 pm
Okay so I'm in the kitchen cooking my typical retarded tortillias when Joan Jett comes on the radio singing "I Hate Myself For Loving You" and before you know it I'm all 80s stripper rock chick dancing around the kitchen.

I can't help it. That song just bring out my 80s stripper rock chick alter ego.

What a complete dork!

So anyway you can tackle this thread in any number of ways:

What embarrassing thing do you like?

What brings out your alter ego?

Who is s/he, that other you?

Give us a true confession regarding your total dorkiness!

C'mon. Don't be shy!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,711 • Replies: 73
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:24 pm
I really like that song. In fact, just when I read the thread title I hopped up and did an 80s stripper chick dance.

I like Eminem. There. I said it. And I know all of the words to some of his songs. And I think they're clever.

And I snort when I laugh. In public.

And I type in incomplete sentences. For emphasis.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:30 pm
Yeah, FreeDuck!

One of my dear friends, a very cultured and sophisticated, capital L, Lady, snorts when she laughs and it is one of the best things in the world!

I always try to be funny when I know I'll see her.

Enimem - now that is a surprise!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:32 pm
Moby.
League bowling.
Budweiser beer.

Which one of these is not like the other ?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:35 pm
Uhhhh..... Moby?

I am always surprised at the people I meet who bowl. It's kind of like tattoos in that it affects all walks of life. I am the world worst bowler but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:42 pm
getting caught rockin' out to "girls just want to have fun"

not the most masculine thing you can do

my alter ego is this normal guy, i pretend to be most of the time, i really am the quintessential dork, but i'm cool with that, there's enough normal people in the world
0 Replies

WolfieGirl840

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:46 pm
Okay, here it goes:

The most embarrassing thing I've ever done is singing and someone walks in. I'm good at it most of the time, except when I have a cold or something like that. But several times I've had my iPod headphones on, singing, and someone walks in. I just don't like people to hear me sing. I;ve had my mom walk in, my best friend (I wasn't really embarrassed about that), and some other randome people.

The movie Shaun of the Dead and the song "Can't Youch this" bring out my alter ego. My three best friend and I have had so many hysterical laughs over that movie that it makes me crazy when we start quoting it or even mention it. And "Can't Touch This" just makes my hyper. I start singing and dancing like crazy...It's pretty funny to watch.

My alter ego is a hyper, high person. Not high as in on drugs, but I just go crazy. I laugh really hard and long over the littlest things, and I talk super fast, and I keep moving around. It's like someone injected me with caffine pills and sugar.

So that's my dorkinss right there! And I'm proud of most of it, too!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:47 pm
"Gimme Three Steps"

And don't get me drunk. When I get drunk I like to shock people. (Verbally.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:01 pm
Let me catch up...

djjd that is SO totally not masculine! Hilarous though.

Cyndi Lauper is one of those singers like Kate ? with the B-52s. Their persona is so goofy that when you notice that those girls can SING you're already in over your head. That B-52s girl rereleased "To Sir With Love" and I swear it was a sit in my car and cry moment.

Hey there Wolfie_Girl and welcome to A2K! Is that the Hammer-guy version of "Can't Touch This"? That is a cool song.

I am a terrible, and I mean that sincerely, terrible (let me repeat) singer. (Thank goodness I can dance.) Unfortunately for some, Mo (my kid) loves for me to sing, loud and long and everyone in the grocery knows my voice by now. I have no shame (when it comes to singing).

Proud to be a dork! You go girl!

DrewDad is that the "give me three steps baby give me three steps give me three steps towards the door" song. That's a toe-tapper alright.

When I lived in Galveston we used to go out to this nutty bar way out on "S" (do you know the place?) and they had that song on the jukebox.

And Ernest Tubbs singing "I'm Walking The Floor Over You".

What a great place!

Tucking Fexans.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:34 pm
Me trying to sing like Mario Lanza, thinking I'm alone. But there are two guys sitting behind me laughing their asses off.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:36 pm
Hmm....when I am driving I like to sing along to the music like I am the singer on stage performing....lol....such as making eye contact with the audience and camera shots, etc.....lol....just rocking away.....too funny. Whats also funny is that i make fun of other people I see doing that....haha....all in good fun!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:37 pm
Mario Lanza!

The Student Prince!?

Were you singing "Drink, Drink, Drink"!?

I gotta know the circumstances behind this, edgar.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:16 pm
Ok, just one more.

I like to sing the Fruit Salad song by The Wiggles.

Yummy yummy.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:25 pm
It's a toss-up between any vintage Tina Turner, Rod Stewart's "Hot Legs" or the Stones "Brown Sugar" in particular. Either will have me climb into my Charles Jourdan pumps, squeeze into a teeny leather Azzedine Alia slip of a dress and do that Tina side-step across my imaginary stage!
http://www.tinaturnertribute.net/tina_turner_020_148x241.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:29 pm
Heehee... I got "Lovin you is easy cause you're beautiful, doo doo dododooo, aaahhahhahaaa. lalalalala....lalalalala...lalalalalalala" stuck in my head from your title - that's pretty dorky. But, then if you think about South Park's exploding donkey, it's pretty cool.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:37 pm
Hmmm... I don't embarass my self easily these days. Knowing most of the words (still!) to Bob Seger's Against The Wind album is pretty embarassing. I love cheesy 80s movies (Fast Times At Ridgemont High! Yeah!) that no one else wants to watch.

Disco brings out my alter ego. I was a kid in the 70s so disco kind of pervaded my life, but when I developed my musical tastes it was rack, classic and current (Led Zep, Beattles, AC/DC, Joan Jett, Maiden... an embarassing list in itself). So, now when I hear disco I am way more excited than when I here old hard rock. Plus, I used to play a mixed disco album when my neice was little and still do occasionally to which we would boogie.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:58 pm
This goes back to my Navy days, so maybe I shouldn't have brought it up. I went down into the sonarmen's sleeping quarters, directly under the mess deck. As I began to polish my shoes, I took to singing,
"Overhead the moon is beaming
White as blossoms on a bough
Nothing is heard ..." something like that.
I chanced to glance behind me and saw these two torpedomen laughing at me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 12:03 am
I quote Shakespeare when I am drunk.....and once sang Amazing Grace, I song I do not know the words to when sober.....

But all the time I sing, especially old blues/jazz staples, and imagine myself as a jazz singer.

And I often get caught talking to myself in public by strangers (friends aren't surprised).
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 12:12 am
dlowan wrote:
And I often get caught talking to myself in public by strangers (friends aren't surprised).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that talks to myself! I do that a lot when I'm by myself on my rounds.

There's one advantage. I'm a heckuva good listener! Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 12:19 am
A good kitchen bopper for me is "Pool Hall Richard" by Rod Stewart.....has to go up to full volume when it comes on the radio.

The Birdie song always gets me flapping my wings while I hop around in a circle.
Heeven would understand..........
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I hate myself for lovin' you.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:47:39