You Know That You are an Old Fart, When You Can Remember....

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:26 pm
But, that's factual. I also shot Bonnie and Clyde.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:28 pm
Did you have your way with Bonnie before you shot her?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:29 pm
You always live vicariosly through others gustav?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:31 pm
Yes, I do, Jane. I am sitting here, armless and legless (a result of a horrific explosion in Nepal, in '23) I type by using a pencil in my mouth and the thought of Edgar having his way with Bonnie Parker causes me to rock back and forth in my chair, drool running down my chin.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:33 pm
Me n Bonnie did our thing, before that sneaky Clyde insinuated himself in her good graces. Why shouldn't I shot them?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:37 pm
http://k.domaindlx.com/geli/gus.gif
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:43 pm
Get that crap off of me, Jane! Now!!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:45 pm
He he.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:46 pm
Nein! Basta!!

As the caucasian thread insinuated: We all could use a little
color.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:15 pm
Gus- The skate key was used to adjust the size of the skates, so that they wouldn't fall off. In that way, you could used the skates even though you outgrew the shoes.

Quote:

Remember sneaking lipstick to wear at school?

Diane- Do you remember "Pixie Pink", "Petticoat Pink", and Tangee lipstick?

I was in my forties, and I found a Tangee lipstick that someone had lost. I just smelled it, and all the memories swirled back!

When we were 12, we would go to the movies on Saturday w/o makeup, so we could get in for kid's price. Then we would go to the ladies' room, put on makeup, and sit in the balcony.

Anyone remember the children's section in the movies? Remember the old lady with the flashlight who made sure that we behaved ourselves?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:27 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WAD7AiEcGSA9SSyGP6bemTAo8yU8WaP3W0MXb8XBA5DVX67fjKBcRILMrNrKbBG7kJyALaiCP4T2TghZ*jFFNq!Do5umpPPr7ifJn3Cuohc!4fBfj8YNRLQpmWK!fsNkNwAAAP****8/Skates.jpg

What is missing from this picture were the straps that went around your ankles.

I still have my skate key. Wear it sometimes. No one has a clue...

I used to hate those skates, and love them at the same time, since it was fun when they stayed on. Mine never looked that rusty, since that was then. The deal was, when the tightening of the shoe holder part worked loose, the skate would fall to the side and yet hang by the strap to your foot as you personally kept gliding forward...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:37 pm
timberlandko wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
I swear those razor blade stories were invented by candy manufacturers.

Oh, that was a collusion thing - the electric shaver lobby was in on it too :wink:

How 'bout jungle gyms, merry-go-rounds, teeter-totters, those tall poles with handgrips at the end of long chains you could fly from, and wood-plank swing seats in playgrounds?

Dayum, talk about suit city... I've only designed a couple of playgrounds, I hate worrywart time.

Back at my grade school, we had some serious swings where you could swing very very high and land kerplunk on asphalt should you not have retained your grip.

Perhaps the start of my strange locution though was the time I got hit by a camera that had been set atop what must have been a twelve foot chainlink fence and fell from the fencepost just I walked by. Or it was the time I fell off the teeter totter. Both of those happened in Santa Monica. Man, I could have taken action!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:03 pm
Osso- Cameras!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WQCNAowc6UT!3TsP*s*hMRJD8Nq71dIxKADz*w1GqJoKAF8qyiMhCP!lIpCNewRlse8*eiND9jjlF!xJ!xnp6psFqwXL9B6ZlX*ypDCcDyZoqRigKaUgdZAvSytDRX2FzQ1leFBzPwk/Brownie.jpg

I had one of these when I was a kid. Took only black and white pictures.

My rich uncle had one of those newfangled Polaroid cameras. When the picture emerged, seemingly from out of nowhere, you had to coat them with this thingy that came with the film, so that they would not fade.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:04 pm
I still have my mother's Brownie Hawkeye. I took a roll of pictures with it about ten years ago. It was hard to find 620 film, but a camera store had it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:06 pm
edgarblythe- I have not thought about 620 film in decades!!!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:15 pm
I remember one incident that happened when I was younger that still causes me to chuckle to this day. I was talking to my girlfriend when suddenly a snake bit me in the ass. I let out a scream and grabbed my ass. My scream frightened a large bird that was sitting nearby and it flew right at my girlfriend and bit her in the tit. My girlfriend fell backwards into a post, bending the post in the process.

We laughed and laughed afterwards, each of us rubbing our respective wounds.

http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/NR/rdonlyres/56E7ED35-CF04-461D-B8EA-B7AFE5949A71/0/Prometheus_legend.jpg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:16 pm
Edgar, how did the pictures come out? I love those old things that never seemed to wear out, even when that was sort of you wanted.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:55 pm
The pictures turned out very well. 620 film can only be had in black and white. That's a good old camera.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:05 pm
I forgot about the Brownie camera..My mother used to take photos of my brothers and I when we were little, just had one button ahh simplistic times...not like today with digital cameras and instuction booklets the size of telephone books! Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 09:17 pm
The supermarket -
Instead of central air, it had these black ceiling fans. Right inside was the cigarette machine, where a dollar bill bought a carton with pennies taped on top. My step Dad always grabbed a quart of buttermilk (square carton, with a pry up lid in the corner) and drank it while he shopped. Just before going to the checkout, he placed the empty carton back in the cooler. Why store emplyees never caught on, after it happened several times, I can't guess. The hamburger meat would be wrapped in white butcher's paper.

I ordered American seeds and tried selling them door to door, but it only took the first three rejections to retire me. My brother tried the salve (Name of it's on the tip of my tongue), but also failed. I got chewed out by the grocer for trying to fish pop bottles through the fence in back, wanting to take them in and sell them.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/29/2024 at 04:46:26