3 Utahns try to open door for polygamy

Reyn

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 10:25 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
You're right as rain (Reyn?

Okay, take note all of A2K. I'm gonna say it just one last time.

My name, Reyn (short for Reynold) is not pronounced rain, but rather as wren, as in the bird! Mad

I've said this like a dozen or so times, so pardon for being just a bit short... Mad

The rain joke is an extremely old and unfunny (for me). I've heard it like 50 million times, and that was one time too many.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 10:33 pm
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, wren.

< Bows low in abject apology.>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:03 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, wren.

< Bows low in abject apology.>

Well, okay then. Just don't let it happen again. Laughing

You have no idea how my first name (as simple as it is) has been abused over the years.

Of course, there's the ever popular (and extremely original) Reynolds Wrap.

Or, being called Reynolds, by which I would have to respond by saying cross-eyed, "Which one of us are you talking to?"
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:35 am
You think YOU'VE had problems...my last name is Bagina.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:43 am
Honestly, Reyn, before you came along, I had never heard the name Reynold without the "s." I had only heard of Reynolds as a surname. I didn't even know it could be a first name.

Of course, I'm quite used to it now. Wink
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:53 am
Eva wrote:
Honestly, Reyn, before you came along, I had never heard the name Reynold without the "s." I had only heard of Reynolds as a surname. I didn't even know it could be a first name.

I'm going to tell you a quick little story.

In my rounds as a meter reader a couple of decades ago, I had to read the meters in this architecturally unusual apartment in Burnaby. Well, on each account, the customer's name and other info could be read.

I always thought that 'Reynold' was a fairly unique name and was proud of that. Well, you can imagine that when I came across someone else with the same name in that apartment, I was surprised. I turn more pages, and there's a second.....and bloody hell, a third one! My jaw drops! I absolutely couldn't believe this. Three of me in one place? What's the odds?

I should have bought a lottery ticket on that day.

True story! My wife still has a good laugh to this day about that.

And, no, you can't force me to tell you my middle name! Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:23 am
I knew someone with the given name of Reynold when I lived in New Hampshire. It's not that unusual. I believe it's a variant of the Germanic name of Reinhold, as in Reinhold Niebuhr, the philosopher/theologian.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:22 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
I knew someone with the given name of Reynold when I lived in New Hampshire. It's not that unusual. I believe it's a variant of the Germanic name of Reinhold, as in Reinhold Niebuhr, the philosopher/theologian.

Yes, you're correct, but it's relatively unusual in Canada.

I was named after my German grandfather, which is on my mother's side and his name was Reinhold. In Dutch it was Reinout, and, of course in English it became Reynold.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/17/2024 at 02:39:16