Worlds Ugliest Dog Dies - RIP Sam

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:52 pm
Some of you may have heard of him already... he really was an ugly bugger bless him!

http://www.samugliestdog.com/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:58 pm
Yes, somebody has posted pictures of Sam on a thread a while back. Sorry to hear of his passing.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:58 pm
That IS one ugly dog:

http://www.samugliestdog.com/IW4C0045-CROPPED-copy-web.jpg

Poor little dear. He's gone to a better place.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:57 pm
The elephant dog.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:05 pm
I doubt a dog can conceive of an ugly dog. Lucky devils.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:06 pm
Actually, he just has a greenish eye, doesn't he?

I'm of two minds on this - enjoying the world's ugliest dog bit, some, but also not so much enjoying the dog and his supposed ugliness - in no doubt his worst photos - as commodity.

As in let's make money off of the poor dear... (I don't mean you, paaatrick)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:15 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Actually, he just has a greenish eye, doesn't he?

I'm of two minds on this - enjoying the world's ugliest dog bit, some, but also not so much enjoying the dog and his supposed ugliness - in no doubt his worst photos - as commodity.

As in let's make money off of the poor dear... (I don't mean you, paaatrick)

As a photographer, I can tell you that the green eye is a result of the flash being used for the photograph. Just as we see red eye in people, we see green eye in dogs. This may add to the ugliness in the photo, but is not representative of Sam's actual eyes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:17 pm
My own dog's photo was in the paper for a month, apparently, before my business partner noticed it in an ad from the local humane society.

I had mentioned to her that I thought the corgi penned in across the street in the short time rental place was sort of darling though he barked a lot. I called him Sparky when I went over to visit, which of course agitated him more.

So one sunday, which is the day the ad was in the paper, she called and said there's a corgi in the humane society ad.
I said, don't tell me I don't want to know. Talk to you tomorrow. And hung up. (I was in the middle of some mystery/she is not a phone lingering person.)

I went out and got the paper, which I don't usually buy.
The photo looked fairly odd. That dog had a bump on his nose, which seemed quite long. Not an automatic cuddlebump.

Thought about it.
Called.
They called back.
Said, hurry. (It turns out no one, no one at all had even called... and he's a full blown pembroke scoundrel.)

I got there on Tuesday.
Met him at his cage.
Met him in the private room.
My business partner was with me and thank jehosaphat she stood back, as she is very good with animals.
He came right over and was a happy doggy to be with me.
I signed all the papers, including lying re being allergic to dogs, and took him home that afternoon in the rain.

Well, his nose is fairly ugly from a purist point of view.
0 Replies