Sick of Talking to Robots? Do I Have a Site For You!!!!

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 07:13 am
Found this interesting little article in the WSJ today, about accessing a person, in a large company, for customer service.

Seems that there is a guy who has collected (through anonymous tips from employees) the methods that a person can use to get around those $*&#@ automated telephone trees, an get to a real live human being.

http://www.paulenglish.com/ivr/

The one that I liked best, was the method of accessing a customer service at Cingular, a company, by the way, with which I do business.

Quote:
For faster service, the option that you are looking to close your account, You get the same ppl but an immediate answer

For XM Radio, it lists that the company telephone service connects directly to humans. What they did not say, was what the IQ of the human would be. Having had a lot of problems with XM, the last one being yesterday, I found a way around the problem.

After my husband spent 15 minutes with a human being whom he could barely understand, and who did not seem to have a lot of knowledge, he (with my prompting and wild gesticulating) asked to speak with a supervisor.

At last he got a real human, who, as a bonus, seem to know what she was talking about!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 879 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 09:50 am
Sweet!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 09:57 am
Quote:
(with my prompting and wild gesticulating)

Laughing
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 10:05 am
Apparently there's no single thing we can do that will work for all systems--they've designed too many ways to thwart us--but one thing that often seems to work for me is to repeatedly punch the O key; after awhile many systems get confused because it's not one of the options they're programmed to try to force us to choose among and so they bump you upstairs to a human.
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 10:06 am
tho sometimes--arrogant robots--they disconnect you because you're not making sense--in their terms of sense of course, not in human terms of sense.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 03:11 pm
And the bastards do it the way I dismiss door to door people.

It is so cool and final....my feelings get hurt.
0 Replies

username

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 03:23 pm
ah, deb, I'm sure anybody whose feelings you hurt deserves to have them hurt.
0 Replies