Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:43 pm
Where are you going with that gum in your hand?

Every once in a while as I go to push the BACK button on my browser I get a microphoned blast of Hey, Joe!!

At first I thought it was god...

No, no, I didn't, but I did wonder why the microphone knew my name.

I decided it was the banner ad with the smiley-type thingies... but that ad is not always up there when it happens.

This is not a complaint, exactly - more a wonderment. After all, I still like lyrics about JoJo in Tucson Arizona..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,249 • Replies: 15
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 05:52 pm
Yeah, what are you doing with that gun in your hand, Jo? Seems rather out of character to me. Confused
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 06:08 pm
huh

I thought it was bellowing HELLO before it started cackling.
I hate the frikkin' thing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 06:33 pm
Since it says my name I am feeling oddly attached in some amoeboid internet way, though of course also wary.

Does yours call you Joe?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 06:37 pm
You will notice I figure she is calling for the male, Joe, instead of the female, Jo.

People named Jo get used to a common misspelling..
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:22 pm
the smileys are saying "hello", if that's what you are refering to
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:29 pm
you hear it as hello, I hear it as a very loud, Hey, Jo!!
both disconcerting and mildly pleasant once I relax from the assertive Hey.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:55 pm
the odd part is my name is joe
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 12:42 am
Hey, osso, I've been wanting to ask you a question, but since I can't pm you, I've been waiting for the right thread to hijack-- this one seems fairly aimless, so I'll interrupt... Whereabouts in Northern CA are you? I just wonder if we're anywhere near each other... I live in Quincy, about 90 miles west of Reno and 80 miles north of Tahoe. Familiar at all? Very Happy just curious!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:39 am
Cyphercat, I live "north of the redwood curtain", in the old victorian seaport of Eureka. It's very beautiful here..
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:30 pm
I love that area! I'll be moving to the Arcata/Mckinleyville area in the summer to go to school.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:32 pm
You're kidding! Ack, as I am moving shortly. (I hope, as my house is in escrow and I'm intensively planning on moving south.)

However, we should talk, eh?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:35 pm
By the way, I just had my computer yell at me again, about twenty minutes ago, and this time it said, Hey! Jaaack!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:42 pm
Oh, just when I thought I was actually going to know someone there! I was already planning lunches! Well, you can still give me an insider's view of the area. Any idea how difficult it is to find rentals there? How about safety if I end up in Eureka, any parts of town to avoid? Just any general info would be much appreciated, we (my boyfriend is going too) have both lived in the same town our whole lives, so moving is somewhat of a big deal to us! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 07:18 pm
cypher, I'll pm you. I know you can't pm me back yet, but I'll give you my email address.

Generally I think of Eureka et al as rather tame. Try to avoid the odd meth addicts...
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 01:58 am
Me too, I sometimes get those annoying talking advertisements.
0 Replies