Doing a Ratzenhofer/The A2K Typo Hall of Shame

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:56 am
The following thread titles were submitted by Gustavratzenhofer over the course of the past week. I submit them here for your perusal.

"Midgets eats orange in front of trucker"

"The Calamity Jane Thread."

In the first title, it is obvious that the structure of the phrase is grammatically vague at best, and quite possibly, I'm ashamed to say, absolutely incorrect. It's like a monkey took over his keyboard and tapped that out.

In the second example, there are two egregious errors. The first is the misspelling of CalamityJane, by adding a space. This is midly repellant and offensive in itself, but it is compounded by that period just hanging there at the end of a phrase that can in no way be construed as a full sentence, by any sane person. Was he drunk when he posted this?

I submit that this kind of sloppy posting is a blight on the otherwise bright and beautiful landscape of A2K, and should be corrected immediately.

BUT:

Since there is no way to edit posts on this site, that can't happen. I therefore submit that from this moment forward, any typos, incorrect grammar, or mistakes of any kind be deemed "Doing a Ratzenhofer" and be posted here in the A2K typo hall of shame, along with a demand of a full apology by the poster in question. It's the only way to make things right again. We're all in this together, people. Let's keep A2K spinning in the right direction, shall we?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,155 • Replies: 66
No top replies

Francis

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:00 am
I like your "aggregious errors", Kicky!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:02 am
kicky said:

Quote:
aggregious errors

Don't you mean egregious ?

Ha, You just pulled a Ratzenhofer !
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:02 am
What are you talking about?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:06 am
Everyone knows that I type in green. When you hit the font color dropdown list, the yellow is right next to the green. Quite a few times, my hand has slipped, and the type came out in yellow, which is practically illegible, (unless you highlight it). It the past, I could, allways correct it, by editing.

I just know that one of these days, someone will post right after me, and I won't have time to correct! Sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:08 am
A-HA! Ratzenhofer!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:10 am
Quote:
It the past, I could, allways correct it

A Ratzenhoffer within a Ratzenhoffer...................and me sitting here, with egg on my face, unable to correct. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:12 am
C'mon, Kicky. Don't you have anything better to do? Or something more interesting to post? Like the romantic evening you had last night with that bottle of merlot, Sade cd, candles, yourself and your comic book collection?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:12 am
I can see that this thread is going to be very useful in the new "no-edits" era of A2K.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:13 am
Whats' with the simple calling of names? If someone misuses puncuation or misspells a word. It calls for measueres that meet the crime. . We don't need these mambypamby calling them Gus ideas. Cut off there fingers.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:14 am
Better yet... put egg on they're face..
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:14 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
C'mon, Kicky. Don't you have anything better to do? Or something more interesting to post? Like the romantic evening you had last night with that bottle of merlot, Sade cd, candles, yourself and your comic book collection?

I have made a vow to myself to never write anything about my personal life on this site again. Of course I did that right after I masturbated to a bunch of pictures of Oprah interviewing Dr. Phil.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:26 am
BBB
who is this guy, SUG?

BBB
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 09:32 am
I knw I 'm go in to nd up here soner or latr Confused
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:24 am
parados wrote:
Cut off there fingers.

hahaha! Don't you mean their fingers? Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:47 am
Good one, Reyn! Can you provide the link of where this tragic typographical transgression occurred that we might go there and post the derisive term "Ratzenhofer" all over that thread?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:50 am
Phoenix wrote:

Quote:
A Ratzenhoffer within a Ratzenhoffer...

Wow, a double Ratzenhofer !
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 10:51 am
i have no idea. It's all blue potatoes to me! Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 11:53 am
Oh man, I love that saying. One day I hope to hear it out there in the real world from some stranger...it's a tiny little dream, yes, but it's all mine.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 12:40 pm
kickycan wrote:
Good one, Reyn! Can you provide the link of where this tragic typographical transgression occurred that we might go there and post the derisive term "Ratzenhofer" all over that thread?

HERE and HERE!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Doing a Ratzenhofer/The A2K Typo Hall of Shame
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:28:16