I NEED SOME HELP ~ NOW!

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 06:23 pm
lindatw,

Ok, thank God it's not crack. It's cocaine. I am right in that there is a difference? I'm not sure because I never did cocaine.

Someone is meeting her at 7:00 to help her get rid of the drugs and take her to her first meeting! She is supposed to IM me later on and let me know how it went.

I just don't want to tall into the trap of enabling her in any way! So, everyone, be brutal with me! Keep me on the straight and narrow here!

Hugs to all!
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:02 pm
M.A. I believe that both cocaine and crack are equally as bad,but crack may be stronger and more
concentrated. I've never done drugs,but I've known
people who did,and it always led to disaster.Since you are in La,and she's in Mo. there's enough geography to keep you from accidentally enabling her.
When all is said and done,it is up to her to rise or fall on her own merits. Just keep being an example to her,and hammering home what you tell her about meetings,de-tox,changing her life,etc.
Is your friemd married? Have kids,or any family who can do an intervention and force things to a head ? Just keep reciting the Serenity prayer and know you're doing all you can!Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:14 pm
She is not married and no kids. There is a slight chance she is pregnant right now. But, I am hoping she is just "late" due to the cocaine. She is getting an EPT to find out.

Oh yes, I hammer about the meetings, doing the next right thing. I told her the only way she could ever use again is if her butt falls off! And then, she has to have four doctors tell me it did! LOL.

I wish there were people there that could do an intervention if she does relapse. But, she's going to a meeting and will be with non-using people tonight. So, will Let Go and Let God.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:39 pm
MA: Amen,And I hope she's not pregnant! Poor child if she is !
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:01 pm
Well, if she is, then she will have to just deal with it somehow.

I feel like a mother waiting for her child to come home from her first date for Pete's sake! How silly is that?
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:16 pm
MA: Not silly. Concerned with trying to help a fellow sufferer. Wanting to know the next chapter in your friend's soap-opera life. Always communicate to this girl your concern for her,but
don't you get knotted up,even by long distance,
in her life problems. At some point you must put your life and well-being first. Keep praying for her !!
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 10:54 am
MA: Heard anything from/about your friend in Missouri?
Happy Early Thanksgiving !!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 12:39 pm
lindatw,

Yes. She has ONE WHOLE WEEK CLEAN! Woo Hoo! She is going to meetings. She is looking for a sponsor. Right now, she is at that "sponge" stage where someone new to recovery soaks up everything!

So far, so good. She has had a few critical moments, but she has not used and that's the most important thing.

I told her, "If your butt falls off and you have four doctors tell me it fell off, you can use." It took her awhile, but she finally understood what I meant.

Thank all of you again so much for your help! It is priceless to me.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 01:26 pm
M.A. Yee Haw !! Good for her. Now lets hope she maintains her forward momentum ! How is she doing with getting rid of her old friends {users}?
That will be hard. Way to go !!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 01:45 pm
linda,

Glad you asked! Girl, her dealer would not leave her alone. Well, he is sitting in jail as we speak! He was calling her, showing up on her job, and followed her home. He followed her home after the police had warned him to stay away from her.

Get this! He called her to bail him out! She said, "Are you nuts? I hope you rot there!" Laughing
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 02:14 pm
MA: Give her a "You go,girl" for me. So far so good for her. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 02:20 pm
Drug lesson for the day:
Crack is just coke that's been "cooked". It's the rock form that's smoked, where as coke is the powder form that's snorted. It's absorbed more quickly and therefore the person gets high faster, but the buzz lasts for less time, which is why people become addicted to crack faster than coke, and why it's always been thought that crack is worse than coke. Chemically, they are the same but because of more frequent use of crack, people become addicted quicker.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:33 pm
Momma Angel: Belated happy turkey day to all the human and feline Angel family ! Hope y'all are overstuffed and purring contentedly.
How'd your friend do over the holiday? Holidays are hard,especially for the newly sober teetering on the edge of relapse. Did she ever find out if she were "preggers" ? Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:46 pm
And the same to you lindatw!

She got through it. It was rough but she went to some meetings and got some relief. Not preggers! Woo hoo! So glad about that!

She now has 9 days clean!
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 12:19 am
M.A.: Thanks for the update Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 3 cheers for girlfriend Exclamation
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 10:39 pm
Well, she made it 11 days. But tonight, she relapsed. She went to a few meetings and stopped. I kept telling her how important they were. Today she called and said she was going to go use. I said fine, when you have 24 hours clean, then call me. Well, of course, she called me messed up. Sorry, call back later!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:06 pm
Relapses happen, the main thing is that she knows she can return to meetings right away and that there is no shame to be had in being a human being and having picked up.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:13 pm
I talked to her just awhile ago. She was on her way to a meeting. She doesn't feel very well today (go figure, huh?). But, maybe now she realizes what I mean when I tell her "nothing changes if nothing changes." As long as she's willing, there's hope!

Thanx again everyone! Will keep you updated.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 05:45 pm
Momma Angel: I haven't visited this topic in a while.and thought I'd ask :
How's your friend in Missouri ? I see you said she relapsed once. Other than that,how's she doing during the holidays ? Did she say what was the trigger/excuse/alibi, for deciding to use again ?

Merry Christmas Very Happy Exclamation
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 07:57 pm
I'm glad you asked lindatw. She is doing great. Let's see, I think she has 20 some days clean now? She is going to meetings a lot. She doesn't have the same need to talk to me for a couple of hours at a time everyday. She's making friends at meetings and spending a lot of time with them.

Her trigger is her brother's death. It was between Christmas and Thanksgiving. She had one bad spot here at Christmas but she went to a meeting and she is doing better.

She is still scared of using, which is probably a good thing. Can't get complacent.

She has changed her whole attitude about things. The most important thing of all!

Thanx so much for asking about her!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:08:23