Motor control circuit

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:03 pm
Ok , I'm going to post this question again. The last time I posted this I couldn't get a schematic of a circuit that I could use that was simple. Maybe by not wanting this thing to do so many things it will help. I am not familiar enough right now to work with PIC's etc ant this should be a fairly simple circuit that could probably used a 555 or such which I understand a little bit. Right now I won't make it do too many things at once. Here is what I need.
1. I have a small geared motor that's 6 volts DC. No load is about 65 milliamps and with a load I can get it up to around 90 milliamps. I have a pushbutton and let's say that I want an led on and sitting next to the pushbutton. I push the button and the shaft of the motor turns 1 time and stops until the next time the button is pushed.
2. Same scenario except the motor runs for 30 seconds and stops until button is pushed again.
3. Same scenario except no switch to push. The motor just runs for 30 seconds and stops for 1 hour and keeps repeating the same thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 615 • Replies: 1
No top replies

parados

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:10 pm
If all you are looking for is a way to control the 555 there are some simple circuits here and a calculator for figuring timing.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html#1

Check out the 1 second off/ 120 second on circuit. Change the components based on the calculator.
0 Replies