PLEASE HELP WITH THIS SCIENCE ASSIGNMENT!

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:05 pm
PLEASE HELP:
I HAVE TO MAKE SOME KIND OF TIMELINE OR SOMETHING BTU I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW OR WHAT OR WHY.
HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised

Please complete the following timeline project in your biology notebook.
Research the following people: List some of their contributions to science and dates of these contributions.-

Robert Hooke-
Hans and Zacharias Janssen-
Anton van Leeuwenhoek-
Matthias Schleiden-
Theodor Schwann-
Rudolph Virchow.

Draw a timeline showing the chronological order of these scientists and their contributions.

Label the timeline with dates of the above scientists' discoveries.

The earliest date should be on the left of the timeline and the most recent date on the right.

Label each date with the corresponding scientist's name and contribution(s) in an organized and legible manner.

Be sure your spacing shows a reasonable approximation of the amount of time elapsed between dates.

Please answer each of the following questions in 2-3 complete sentences.
1. What theory did these scientists provide evidence for?

2. What instrument was necessary before the cell theory could be developed?

3. Which three scientists directly contributed evidence for the cell theory?

4. How did the earlier scientists and their contributions directly affect the discoveries of later scientists (see #2)? For example, what had to come first?

5. List the three parts of the cell theory.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 4
No top replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:21 pm
There's a famous quote from Sir Isaac Newton:

"If I have been able to see further, it was only because I stood on the shoulders of giants".

Interestingly enough he wrote that in a letter to Robert Hooke.

You need to research the work of each of those scientists listed. You're lucky in that you have the best research tool in history to work with - the internet. Use google or search wikipedia to find out all about each of those people. Then work out who - in that little pantheon - started the work that they presumably have all worked on. That's my reference to Sir Isaac's famous quote. In looking for a timeline you need to establish who began the research into the common question that links all these scientists (I'm hopeless at science so I can't help you there) and then you can draw the timeline. The instructions are clear - start with the earliest and then finish with the latest.

The second part of the assignment wants you to discuss related questions pretty thoroughly.

That's my contribution, I hope it's useful.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:38 pm
Quote:
That's my contribution, I hope it's useful.

Useful? But you didn't finish her homework yet, and she already had the instructions! Oh my, if nobody does it for her, she may have to do it herself!
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:48 pm
thanks but...
thanks but i already do enough of homework you genuis.
i do homework every single day, there has never been a day when i could rest, and get my mind off homework.
and this is one assignment that i am totally blank on.
so i needed some BIG help from you people, not put downs

[/color]
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:40 am
Okay well since I'm not a subject matter expert when it comes to science I'm afraid I've contributed as much as I'm able.

You need to do your research then work on the timeline and follow the assignment questions. They're actually quite clearly laid out, your teacher whoever he or she is, knows what they're doing in presenting this to you for your application.
0 Replies