Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 07:25 pm
Piffka, he will descend on your state next summer, that will
give you enough time to find a solution to all the pollutants
he's exposing the Pacfic Northwest to.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 07:31 pm
Piffka wrote:
Egads, the upper Pacific Northwest has sprung into Gus-alert. Fear and trembling will commence immediately; some may take to strong drink.

I call an amber alert, however; we needn't go tangerine yet. No telling what'll happen twixt now & then -- another volcanic eruption perhaps or a pod of orcas exploding in a wild feeding frenzy off Elliot Bay, maybe Powell's books will close and go all eBay or even, the gods of Puyallup forfend, the capybaras of Woodland Park'll make an inexplicable run for it.

Funny stuff, Piffka. But I've come to expect that from you.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 07:50 pm
If Powell's close I'll see my doctor for a lethal dose.

For real are you coming to the PNW? We should rouse our few members to get together.

There's me, Piffka, husker and.......

and......
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:39 am
I was just kidding about Powell's but they do more and more business online. It is a LITTLE worrisome. Pretty soon we'll only be living in a virtual world.

As for western a2kers... there are a couple of others, Boomer, outside of California: Wye, though she doesn't seem to post much anymore, SeattleFriend, D'Artagnan, Peace & Love. Still, I doubt Herr Ratzenhofer will take off his anonymous hat and meet up with the wild & woolly Pacific Northwesterners. What? Hey! We're scarier than a red squirrel, fer sure.

I am here to report that the capybaras have left the (zoo) building. They are a frightened lot, always on the lookout for denizens of the swamp... 'gators & such.

However, Woodland Park still has plenty of squirrels... mostly the imported Eastern Grays which superceded the bigger, milder Western Grays. I like the Douglas Squirrels, half the size of the grays and feisty enough to chase 'em off. They look like red squirrels except their tummy is white. Dangerous little fellas, but foolhardy.

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/graphics/douglassquirrel3sm.jpg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:36 pm
it was obviously a red squirrel

http://www.12thharmonic.com/3_0/images/gailblog/squirrel%20copy.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 08:31:01