A brush with death.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:35 am
I'm gonna send Set to apprentice with Gus.

Mama needs a new squirrel jacket.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:37 am
LOL
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:37 am
I suppose I should remove that squirrel from the prong. I cut the tail off this morning and skinned it, but that skinless, tailless carcass hanging there is starting to bug me.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:43 am
Fleas prefer warm blood.

Try sitting a bit further from the carcass.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:19 am
iiiiihhhhh, gustav tortures animals http://www.borge.diesal.de/shock.gif
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 04:41 pm
Gus someday I'll tell you about the red squirrel that chased Merry Andrew around Kileau Crater. The darn thing got pooped out and a mongoose snapped his neck.

We roasted him over one of the steam vents. A little too much sulphur for me .

Actually we have one hind quarter left in the freezer - interested?????

Sglass
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 06:49 pm
I am honored to receive a rare correspondence from the legendary seaglass.

And, yes, I will have a small slice of that hind quarter.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:43 pm
A brush with death....
Shocked Squirrel murderer! Shame on you,Gus Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 09:31 pm
That hind-quarter ain't been et yet, Sglass? Must be growin' penicillin by now.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 11:27 pm
Did you ever decide what to do with the squirrel carcass, Gus?

You could always send it over to my house. Trash day's tomorrow.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:18 pm
Gus hasn't been to Utah? What's up with that? It's one of the most eeriliy beautiful places on earth.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:31 pm
I hitch hiked across Utah once. Great experience.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:33 pm
I love the state - it's geography. Actually, I might also like the forced detox. It leads to a focused drive to find full-strength beer, liquor and leads to robust enjoyment once you've exited the state (or found an outpost, of sorts).
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:04 am
littlek wrote:
Gus hasn't been to Utah? What's up with that? It's one of the most eeriliy beautiful places on earth.

What makes you say that, littlek? I've been to Utah many times. I said I've never been to the Northwest, referring to Washington and Oregon.

I will knock those states off next summer on my way to Vancouver.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 09:25 pm
My mistake.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 09:51 pm
Don't let it happen again.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 09:57 pm
I once got a ticket for jaywalking in Salt Lake City, Utah. Only place on earth that's ever happened to me. I felt like asking the cop, "Are you a real police officer or are we on Candid Camera?" But I was too confused and flabbergasted by the entire experience to be able to come up with anything clever at that moment.

You didn't answer my question, Gus. Was it a grey or a red squirrel? It makes a difference, you know. The grey squirrel is bigger than the red, but those reds are vicious. I might risk tackling a grey squirrel bare-handed but if it was a red, my hat's really off to you. I wouldn't face one of them critters without my trusty double-barreled 12-guage handy.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:02 pm
It was a red, Merry.

The battle is still fresh in my mind.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 06:10 pm
How many times do I hafta tell ya, baby? That white stuff you're putting in your coffee ain't sugar!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 06:22 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
littlek wrote:

What makes you say that, littlek? I've been to Utah many times. I said I've never been to the Northwest, referring to Washington and Oregon.

I will knock those states off next summer on my way to Vancouver.

Egads, the upper Pacific Northwest has sprung into Gus-alert. Fear and trembling will commence immediately; some may take to strong drink.

I call an amber alert, however; we needn't go tangerine yet. No telling what'll happen twixt now & then -- another volcanic eruption perhaps or a pod of orcas exploding in a wild feeding frenzy off Elliot Bay, maybe Powell's books will close and go all eBay or even, the gods of Puyallup forfend, the capybaras of Woodland Park'll make an inexplicable run for it.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 10:28:14