The internet is boreing

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 04:28 pm
bobsmythhawk wrote:
panoply of knowledge

Like, for instance, just now. I just learned a new word from Bob. Panoply. Of course, now I have to look it up and see what it means.

Darn tootin' it's going up on my "What new word did you learn today" thread! Laughing

Thanks, Bob......
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 04:51 pm
panoply (choose #3)

1 a : a full suit of armor b : ceremonial attire
2 : something forming a protective covering
3 a : a magnificent or impressive array <the full panoply of a military funeral> b : a display of all appropriate appurtenances <has the panoply of science fiction
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 05:14 pm
Bob, I think we're using the same dictionaries, as you can see HERE. Laughing
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 05:23 pm
Deler wrote:
spendius why the distaste? theres no way to respond to this sort of a post without perpetuateing negativety. I'm bored, I've looked into most things I can think of to no end and those which I haven't, well I could use a change of pace. I meant this as different ideas of ways to look at the internet, yes you can search for things of interest however I've found that since I stopped frequenting chat rooms a while back the internet has changed, I thought there might be something interesting which I don't know about and what harm is there in asking. I've tried blogging but I just don't quite get it. Assumeing I dislike this board is on you and not me.

There's no 'e' in 'assuming' either...
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 05:28 pm
Hey Reyn----what is it they say about great minds? Welcome to the club if you've not already been welcomed. Let us bask in our glory before the plebeians seek to oust us.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 05:30 pm
annifa -- dlr likes extra 'e's'.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 05:44 pm
bobsmythhawk wrote:
plebeians

I think I know that word. Just a sec, and I'll check it out.... Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:03 pm
MA wreote-

Quote:
annifa -- dlr likes extra 'e's'.

That's really boring.That's worse than the Where Am I Travel Game.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:06 pm
But it isn't as bad as people saying nice things about you which they don't really mean by about 0.001%
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:21 pm
Ok whats the deal? we trying to talk this kid in from a ledge? If thats the case why did we let spendius do the talkin, hes half in the bag by now.

Hey kid, dont worry about spelling, It hasnt hurt me and I have big rpoblems with stuff like vowels (theres like, not enough of em) . If your bored with the internet, why not take the puter up to the attic , open a window and let er go. I always wanted to drop one from a plane and see whether it breaks.

Dont listen to spendius , For your sake, be afraid. Be very afraid
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:22 pm
I wouldn't be offended if someone was rude to me on here. You can say things here that you would never outside of it. 'Cos people can't get ya! Hahaa! I'm certainly not the worlds greatest speller...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:38 pm
farmerman wrote:
stuff like vowels (theres like, not enough of em)

Can I buy a bowel?
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:29 pm
farmerman wrote:
Ok whats the deal? we trying to talk this kid in from a ledge? If thats the case why did we let spendius do the talkin, hes half in the bag by now.

Hey kid, dont worry about spelling, It hasnt hurt me and I have big rpoblems with stuff like vowels (theres like, not enough of em) . If your bored with the internet, why not take the puter up to the attic , open a window and let er go. I always wanted to drop one from a plane and see whether it breaks.

Theres no window in the attic, if there was and the damned ups truck showed like it was supposed to that might have been this ones fate. Anyways it's alot funner to push one out of the back of a speeding truck Very Happy
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 08:21 am
fm wrote-

Quote:

What is there to be afraid of fm?It's a breeze.

"Death,where is thy sting?" Google it.
0 Replies