The internet is boreing

Deler

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:38 pm
Any ideas of things to do online? Any good chatrooms or entertaining sites? I can't find chatrooms anymore like I used to and when I do they're full of leg humpers going a/s/l a/s/l a/s/l that or it's filled with morons.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,655 • Replies: 33
No top replies

iduru

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:49 pm
Get up; leave room; go to bar; meet chics Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:58 pm
If the world wide web is boring to you, you have the problem, re lack of curiousity - it is not the net's problem.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:03 pm
curiousity? I just ran out, was going to pick up some inspiration next time I went to the store, hopefully it's the isle right next to chics
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:25 pm
or perhaps it isn't.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:28 pm
Sorry, Deler, I shouldn't dump on you in particular. I just get a bit aggravated with 'I'm bored' comments generally.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:35 pm
Are those moronic things called "chat rooms" still around? I may barf. Osso's right. If you find the internet boring, the fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:44 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Are those moronic things called "chat rooms" still around?

The online equivalent of the old CB radio? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 10:51 pm
And the CB is a thing of the past, isn't it, Reyn? Everybody has a cell-phone now.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:04 pm
Thas raht, good buddy. Even I've got one - somewheres around here.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:02 am
The internet boring? Since I have trouble tearing myself away from it now, I can only wonder what would happen if it weren't so boring.

Seriously Deler, go to any search engine and enter a word or a historical quote (or even a hysterical quote) and watch the hits start appearing. Follow along those and then hit the little adds along the sides or links or anything else...odds are it'll be 80 years before you can finish just from ONE start off word or quote. If that is boring then I need to go back to the bowling alley and ask for advice. (I get all my advice at the bowling alley...doesn't everyone?)
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:26 am
Pick your interest and either do a search on the forums sites or go to a search engine i.e. google, yahoo, etc. etc.. There's an amazing panoply of knowledge available
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 08:41 am
Listen Deler-

Go to the When Do I Blush thread and read it.Then give your considered views.It's quite interesting and could easily be more so if people such as yourself began to interact with something instead of whining on about how bored you are and,by extension,how boring we members of A2K are.As you seemingly like to wallow in your misery you could try,should you wish to become even more bored to provide you with the raw material to whine harder,the Where Am I Travel game which takes boredom on to levels you have not yet been privileged to encounter.But don't take off near any areas where working families might be asleep.Find a rural retreat. You'll be able to watch the frogs spawning and other fascinating things of a similar nature. We've moved on on A2K.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 08:48 am
BTW-There's no "e" in boring.

I didn't want you to risk having a prospective employer trash your CV if he saw "boring" spelt with an "e" in it.A thing like that could cause you to have to seek a less rewarding occupation and we A2Kers wouldn't wish that on anybody least of all you.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:59 pm
spendius why the distaste? theres no way to respond to this sort of a post without perpetuateing negativety. I'm bored, I've looked into most things I can think of to no end and those which I haven't, well I could use a change of pace. I meant this as different ideas of ways to look at the internet, yes you can search for things of interest however I've found that since I stopped frequenting chat rooms a while back the internet has changed, I thought there might be something interesting which I don't know about and what harm is there in asking. I've tried blogging but I just don't quite get it. Assumeing I dislike this board is on you and not me.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:01 pm
spendius wrote:
BTW-There's no "e" in boring.

I didn't want you to risk having a prospective employer trash your CV if he saw "boring" spelt with an "e" in it.A thing like that could cause you to have to seek a less rewarding occupation and we A2Kers wouldn't wish that on anybody least of all you.

Anyone who defines of grammer isn't anyone I really care to have the opinion. If you can look down on me for haveing the tendency of putting an e where it doesen't belong then go right ahead. You my friend need to lay off the negativety and take a breather as you've turned a semi-constructive post negative and frankly put me in a bad mood
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:33 pm
Oh, Deler, we've let you down terribly, haven't we? But if you're angry, you can't be bored at the same time.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 03:37 pm
I hate you roger, thanks for entertaining me
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 04:22 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
And the CB is a thing of the past, isn't it, Reyn? Everybody has a cell-phone now.

Well, people like me don't. I hate phones in general.

I much prefer to come here for my communications with other humans. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 04:25 pm
Sturgis wrote:
The internet boring? Since I have trouble tearing myself away from it now, I can only wonder what would happen if it weren't so boring.

You, too, eh? My doctor thinks I'm addicted. :wink:

No I'm not.

But I'm in denial.
0 Replies